Just wanted to say 'hi'

Forums: Just wanted to say 'hi'
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Just wanted to say 'hi'

Postby glimpse » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 pm

glimpse Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 pm
I'm new here, I would like to say 'hi' and try this engine.

For quite some time i have fermi (cuda capable) card, but i haven't used it properly. Tested out vrayGPU, but it's too limiting (a lot of function are not enabaled), Iray the same has some limitations. I tried a bunkspeed too (it's based on Iray engine) it's quite simple, but really fast.

What i'd like to ask is. What are the limitation of Octane demo vertion. I'd like to enter the competition (that is still lasting), but it would be good to know some info =)

Thanks in advance =)

glimpse
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Just wanted to say 'hi'

Postby abstrax » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 pm

abstrax Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 pm
glimpse wrote:I'm new here, I would like to say 'hi' and try this engine.

For quite some time i have fermi (cuda capable) card, but i haven't used it properly. Tested out vrayGPU, but it's too limiting (a lot of function are not enabaled), Iray the same has some limitations. I tried a bunkspeed too (it's based on Iray engine) it's quite simple, but really fast.

What i'd like to ask is. What are the limitation of Octane demo vertion. I'd like to enter the competition (that is still lasting), but it would be good to know some info =)

Thanks in advance =)

glimpse

The demo version doesn't allow you to save images and the resolution is limited to 1024x512 pixels. It's also based on an older version than the current release and doesn't have mesh emitters and a few other features which were added later.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby glimpse » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:56 am

glimpse Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:56 am
mm, i have heard that it's based on the elder version (someone talked 'bout that), but i have missed the fact that we can't save out images =) so if let's say i want to try my chances in competition with demo version, how i can send You guys an image if i can not save it out =)?.. mm, just prnt screen it? =).

glimpse
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Aenima » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:09 am

Aenima Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:09 am
Do a screencapture.
W10 x64 32GB, EVGA GTX960 - EVGA GTX1060 - OSX 10.12.5 - CORE I5 3.4GHz
Aenima
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer