Question(s)

Forums: Question(s)
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Question(s)

Postby Bunik » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:03 am

Bunik Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:03 am
Hello there! I'm very impressed with the sample renders I've seen done with Octane. Especially the render times! My name is Nick.
I'm currently working on a project for school that involves exterior scene animation, and I would like to try Octane.
I wanted to ask if there are any limitations on rendering different passes or rpf files storing the object id , material id, zdepth etc.
- Is it capable of rendering normal maps? I use Mudbox..
Also can Octane render simulations? Such as wind for vegetation or fluid simulation/ particles in general.
I have a Palit Gts250. (i7 950,Windows7,3Dsmax)

Sorry for all the questions. :oops:
Bunik

Re: Question(s)

Postby kubo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 am

kubo Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 am
right now only alpha map is built in, the rest will be added in future releases. It uses normal or regular bump maps, normal of course, give more detail. Octane can render anything your modeling package can export ot obj currently, althou in future releases there will be support for RIB too. (Which means that, yeah, it does render almost all type of simulations, like the ones you asked for)
When in doubt just follow this steps http://www.refractivesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=362 to export from you modeling app to obj and test the demo, it'll blow your mind, believe me!
windows 7 x64 | 2xGTX570 (warming up the planet 1ºC at a time) | i7 920 | 12GB
kubo

Re: Question(s)

Postby Bunik » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:31 am

Bunik Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:31 am
Thank you for your reply man!
Will donwload =]
Bunik

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion