Animated Image Series for Texture in Lightwave?

Forums: Animated Image Series for Texture in Lightwave?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Animated Image Series for Texture in Lightwave?

Postby jfrfilm » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 pm

jfrfilm Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 pm
Hello,

I plan to purchase Octane for use with Lightwave soon, and I now have the demo version. I've experimented a lot, and I've searched this forum and others many times, but can't find a solid answer to this. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Does the Lightwave Octane Plugin support animated image textures? Not procedurals, but image series, either AVI or jpeg images, like I can do in Lightwave. The Octane texture tools look like it's possible, but I can't get it to work. Does it work? Can it work? I need to be able to import a video clip or image series of an actor and map it onto a polygon. And also import a corresponding alpha key image series to make the green screen behind the actor go transparent. it works fine in native Lightwave, but I really need it to work in the Octane Render plugin. Thanks!
jfrfilm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Animated Image Series for Texture in Lightwave?

Postby UnCommonGrafx » Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 pm

UnCommonGrafx Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 pm
The Octane Renderer sits in line as the Native LW renderer does (for the most part). Because of this, things that work for LW's native renderer, sans cpu stuff, will work with Octane.

Meaning: displacement, image sequences and multiple editing of materials, for example, work like LW, not the standalone.

You will be good.
i7-4770K, 32gb ram, windows 8.1, GTX Titan and gt 620 for display
UnCommonGrafx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jfrfilm » Fri May 02, 2014 3:44 am

jfrfilm Fri May 02, 2014 3:44 am
Thanks. I ran some tests again last night, and I noticed that when I tell Lightwave to use an image series, and then tell the Octane texture node to use a LW texture, that image series shows up in the node editor as filename_(image series), but it does not advance the image along with the frames of the animation. It only uses the first image.

But then I read about a newer version of the Lightwave plugin and various bug fixes they did, and they mention this issue as being solved. So that's great. But now I have another issue - I'm trying to get the new LW plugin 1.5 installed. I'll create a new thread for that if I can't figure it out soon.
jfrfilm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jfrfilm » Fri May 02, 2014 4:05 am

jfrfilm Fri May 02, 2014 4:05 am
My reply seems to have vanished, so I'll reply again.

It works! Yes! I downloaded and installed the newer LW demo plugin, version 1.5. They did address the issue of image series for textures. It wasn't working in version 1.2, which I was using. But it does work, and I look forward to buying Octane soon!
jfrfilm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nico_cad » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:27 pm

nico_cad Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:27 pm
Hi
can explane? i dont see avi map in octane surface! :roll:
nico_cad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion