multiple orbx files

Forums: multiple orbx files
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

multiple orbx files

Postby jwfvr » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:44 am

jwfvr Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:44 am
hi - I have been using octane for modo, hardly ever touch standalone - how can I import and render multiple orbx files in one scene? I found the render out option for each orbx but I am not sure that is the way to go, and if it is, what is the next step?
orbx_multiple.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jwfvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: multiple orbx files

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:16 am

bepeg4d Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:16 am
Hi,
you can simply go to menu Scripts/Batch rendering, to have all the render target nodes listed and ready to be rendered, even without creating the Output Render Target node:
IMG_8691.jpeg

You need to create the Output Render Target node only if you need to use a Render Jpb node, like the Batch render Job node:
IMG_8692.jpeg

ciao,
Beppe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby jwfvr » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:17 pm

jwfvr Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:17 pm
thankyou - I just tried this and it seems like it is rendering each orbx by itself in sequence -batch rendering - what I want to do is have multiple orbx files loaded and rendering at the same time - so if I have an orbx of trees and an orbx of a grass field - I want to see them both at the same time on the screen. sorry if I am being thick -feel like I am missing something simple.
jwfvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elsksa » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:25 pm

elsksa Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:25 pm
jwfvr wrote:what I want to do is have multiple orbx files loaded and rendering at the same time - so if I have an orbx of trees and an orbx of a grass field - I want to see them both at the same time on the screen

You don't have to apologize for it.

Space bar > Geometry Group (the .gif shows it all).
I'd recommend this Standalone Guide to grasp the basics.

elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jwfvr » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:39 pm

jwfvr Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:39 pm
thank you! exactly what I needed!
jwfvr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)