OctaneRender™ Standalone 4.00

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 4.00
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 4.00 [current 4.xx]

Postby Jolbertoquini » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:12 am

Jolbertoquini Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:12 am
abstrax wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:Hi Guys,

Thank you for the update. I have quick questions, is that no way to have cryptomatte working with V4 then only 2018.1 because is kind of features we are looking for a while and until we can really use on production will take a huge time.?

Could we have maybe a v4.01 with Cryptomatte Pleeease??

Cheers,
JO

Hi Guys anything about this request? we are just wondering would save us for the hack to render material ID with and without aliasing and add depth in post. would be great for us as the main feature we are waiting for a while. Please let us know. if is possible to have in OC4 or not.

Appreciate,

JO

We are not planning to port this feature back to version 4. It's a fairly significant change and also requires some additional work on the render film that was done for the deep pixel rendering. Merging all that back will potentially introduce too many issues in version 4.

The plan is to stabilize version 2018 as quickly as possible. We are talking here of a time span of ~2 months maybe sooned.

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the reply, I didn't know was really deep on the engine, fair enough make sense.
We will wait next year. But in the mean time I will set our workflow and test a max on real project files to see and help on the beta.

Thanks guys for the brilliant work so far.

Cheers,
Jo
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Refracty » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am

Refracty Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am
Wouldn't it make more sense to simple call Octane 2018 simply Octane 4.2 ? It's getting 2019 anyway.
Then we have new goodies inside and the users will be very pleased to receive a powerful V4 Update :)

abstrax wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:Hi Guys,

Thank you for the update. I have quick questions, is that no way to have cryptomatte working with V4 then only 2018.1 because is kind of features we are looking for a while and until we can really use on production will take a huge time.?

Could we have maybe a v4.01 with Cryptomatte Pleeease??

Cheers,
JO

Hi Guys anything about this request? we are just wondering would save us for the hack to render material ID with and without aliasing and add depth in post. would be great for us as the main feature we are waiting for a while. Please let us know. if is possible to have in OC4 or not.

Appreciate,

JO

We are not planning to port this feature back to version 4. It's a fairly significant change and also requires some additional work on the render film that was done for the deep pixel rendering. Merging all that back will potentially introduce too many issues in version 4.

The plan is to stabilize version 2018 as quickly as possible. We are talking here of a time span of ~2 months maybe sooned.
Refracty
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby hyperchris » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:29 pm

hyperchris Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:29 pm
efforce wrote:
hyperchris wrote:Yeah, I can confirm it's indeed related to power usage. All running fine with extra power through an external PSU. Problem solved!
That Denoiser is quite a beast... Drawing almost twice the amount of power compared to "regular" rendering, as far as I could see in iStat Menus.
Better get yourself maxed-out PSUs, guys... ;)

Chris,
do you mind telling us which external PSU you use - how do you set it up?
Thanks.

Any ordinary PSU will work - simply not built into the case but sitting outside. I chose a cheap one with small wattage and cable management. The two 8pin power cables run through an open slot bracket into the MacPro. For synchronous starting and shutting down of the additional PSU in sync with the MacPro, I connected the PSU's ATX connector to a Dual PSU starter board and that to one the MacPro's SATA power connectors.
hyperchris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby eklein » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:10 pm

eklein Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:10 pm
The Denoiser does not initialize or work.

I render the target but the denoiser does not work with all the correct settings. Then I go to the layers and disable and then re-enable denoise diffuse indirect pass and the denoiser starts to works. (See attach file.) I have the same issue with Cinema 4d, Houdini and can't get it to work at all in Blender.

I using Nvidia RTX 2070 in Windows 10 with the latest driver.

Add some more info:
It looks like the issue with the denoiser in the RTX 2070 is that it won't initialize properly when starting with a new scene. Once the IPR is active toggling back and forth the "Denoise volumes" setting then denoiser works. Also toggling denoiser layer settings like "denoised diffuse indirect" makes it work.

Eric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eklein
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 am

J.C Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 am
Hi, the denoiser does not affect shadows generated on surface with Diffuse material with Shadow catcher enabled.
shadow catcher.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vijay » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 am

vijay Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 am
eklein wrote:The Denoiser does not initialize or work.

I render the target but the denoiser does not work with all the correct settings. Then I go to the layers and disable and then re-enable denoise diffuse indirect pass and the denoiser starts to works. (See attach file.) I have the same issue with Cinema 4d, Houdini and can't get it to work at all in Blender.

I using Nvidia RTX 2070 in Windows 10 with the latest driver.

Add some more info:
It looks like the issue with the denoiser in the RTX 2070 is that it won't initialize properly when starting with a new scene. Once the IPR is active toggling back and forth the "Denoise volumes" setting then denoiser works. Also toggling denoiser layer settings like "denoised diffuse indirect" makes it work.

Eric

Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in the next release
vijay
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby PolderAnimation » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm

PolderAnimation Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm
Hi guys,

I got a crash when I try to render a bake camera animation sequence.

If I enable denoise I got a crash when I skip trough the time line (then all GPU fail).
When I disable the denoiser and then try to skip trough the time line, it does not crash but does not update aighter.

If I use the batch render script the problem is the same, except when I also render an random other rendertagret. Then it will update like suspected.
I attached a file.
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm

abstrax Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm
PolderAnimation wrote:Hi guys,

I got a crash when I try to render a bake camera animation sequence.

If I enable denoise I got a crash when I skip trough the time line (then all GPU fail).
When I disable the denoiser and then try to skip trough the time line, it does not crash but does not update aighter.

If I use the batch render script the problem is the same, except when I also render an random other rendertagret. Then it will update like suspected.
I attached a file.

Thank you for the report. The issue is unrelated to the denoiser but was caused by a missing update of the baking camera geometry when the mesh geometry that is being baked changes. It will be fixed with the upcoming release.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

abstrax Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm
J.C wrote:Hi, the denoiser does not affect shadows generated on surface with Diffuse material with Shadow catcher enabled.
shadow catcher.png

We currently can't solve this problem unfortunately, since we can't denoise the alpha channel and the shadow catcher is effectively only modulating the alpha channel. The reason why we can't denoise the alpha channel at the moment is because even the slightest miscalculation of the denoised alpha channel causes visible artifacts on edges and at transitions between different material types. We will try to solve it in the future but that's what it is for now.

But while recreating your example scene we noticed that the shadow catcher shadow is much stronger in the denoised main pass. This will be fixed with the next version.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby PolderAnimation » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm

PolderAnimation Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm
small request, can the gamma on the color correct node have the option to be a vector instead of a float.
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)