Compute model

Forums: Compute model
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Compute model

Postby newfriend » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:15 am

newfriend Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:15 am
Hi, is there any topic where is described the difference between different compute models? Is there any difference with 3, 4, 5 or else models for Octane? How it's combines? If I have one card with V3 compute model and another with V5, how render is going? What do I loose? Speed, functionality or else?.. Where I can read about it? Thanks.
newfriend
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Compute model

Postby abstrax » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 pm

abstrax Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 pm
newfriend wrote:Hi, is there any topic where is described the difference between different compute models? Is there any difference with 3, 4, 5 or else models for Octane? How it's combines? If I have one card with V3 compute model and another with V5, how render is going? What do I loose? Speed, functionality or else?.. Where I can read about it? Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't see your post. The compute model (or "compute capability") defines the hardware generation and architecture of a GPU. Each generation usually has a different architecture and newer generations usually have more CUDA features than older ones. We support all compute models down to 2.0 and mixing of different compute models is possible.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)