OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.02

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.02
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.02 [current 3.xx]

Postby kevinshane » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:27 pm

kevinshane Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:27 pm
hi, have u guys consider adding an autosave render state for let's say every 500 samples reached?? :cry: :cry: please reply
MSI GT70 laptop i7-3610QM+32G+GTX680M 4G

Octane Arch/Interior Viz Tutorials
http://www.kshane.com
kevinshane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby enricocerica » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:59 pm

enricocerica Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:59 pm
Hi,

I went into a very problematic situation, I saved my project in the standalone version and my PC crashes. After restarted it I opened the ocs file and went into an error saying the xml file was wrong, I checked the content and indeed it didn't save it completely :( resulting in a lost of about 3 days of work, ok I should have made a copy :roll:

Could you add a function which automatically saves a copy of the ocs file let's say after load it or after a predefined time. This function exists in Blender and it often helped me to recover a corrupted scene.

What do you think guys about that ?
Thanks
Modeling system : I7 32GB Windows 10 & Fujitsu Celsius H720
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
http://www.myline.be
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby MB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 pm

MB Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 pm
A numerically numbered back up, up to a user specified limit, would be nice, created every time the user saves. So a save would copy the current file on disk to filename_001.ocs, then overwrite filename.ocs with the latest changes.
This is useful for examining earlier conditions of the scene too.
Windows 11, 2x Intel I9, 64GB Ram, 2x GTX 1080 TI, 1 x RTX 380 TI, Oculus Quest 2
MB
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby lucioing » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:05 pm

lucioing Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:05 pm
abstrax wrote:Please let me know if that works for you or not. Thanks.

Perfect! Thank you Marcus!

L.
Mac Pro 5.1 -16 GB- 2 x Titan Black 6GB - Titan Z - MacOS Yosemite 10.10.4
lucioing
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Mik » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 am

Mik Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 am
Hi,

Is v3.02 compatible with Win XP 64bit at all?

I have still problem with it:

Error message.JPG

Thanks for any info.

Mik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:07 am

abstrax Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:07 am
Mik wrote:Hi,

Is v3.02 compatible with Win XP 64bit at all?

I have still problem with it:

Error message.JPG

Thanks for any info.

Mik

Ok, we have checked it and the reason is that TBB which is used by OpenVDB, which is used to load and save VDB files does not support Windows XP. In other words, Octane v3 can't be run on Windows XP anymore. We are changing the FAQs.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby kevinshane » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:37 am

kevinshane Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:37 am
hi admin, I use batchrender script to test deep images output but never success, is it a bug or I done something wrong? I define a frame range and check on Save deep image, but what I've got is the beauty pass only(missing the deep one), however if I manualy hit the save deep button in the viewport, everything works..
deep.jpg

also please consider adding autosave render state, it's really important to me and anyone else, I think everyone would be happy if there is an autosave the render result when the hardware goes high temp and cause shotdown, in this case we can resume the last autosave state to continue..

Shane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MSI GT70 laptop i7-3610QM+32G+GTX680M 4G

Octane Arch/Interior Viz Tutorials
http://www.kshane.com
kevinshane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby grimm » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:19 pm

grimm Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:19 pm
Just ran across another windowing issue. I have dual monitors so I like to split off the render panel and put it on my other monitor. Then if you move Octane from the desktop it's on to another desktop (I have five desktops) the split off panel doesn't follow the main window to the other desktop. If you move your mouse pointer to the split-off panel, you get jumped to the other desktop and it selects the main Octane window (this is probably because I use focus follows mouse).

I really like the ability to split panels off, but it's not very useful on Linux desktops in it's current state. :(

Just wanted to add that when I do a "show all workspaces" to display all of my desktops the split-off panel doesn't show up. So there is no way of moving the panel around to different desktops.
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby grimm » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:05 pm

grimm Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:05 pm
Arrrrrgg! Now I can't re-dock the render viewport. I move it back to where it is by default in the main Octane window and then select the "save as default" menu option. But when I quit and reload Octane the panel is still undocked. This is the correct way to set this, isn't it? :(

Also looks like the preferences window is missing it's border so it gets lost in the nodegraph editor's background.
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stratified » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:40 pm

stratified Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:40 pm
grimm wrote:Just ran across another windowing issue. I have dual monitors so I like to split off the render panel and put it on my other monitor. Then if you move Octane from the desktop it's on to another desktop (I have five desktops) the split off panel doesn't follow the main window to the other desktop. If you move your mouse pointer to the split-off panel, you get jumped to the other desktop and it selects the main Octane window (this is probably because I use focus follows mouse).

I really like the ability to split panels off, but it's not very useful on Linux desktops in it's current state. :(

Just wanted to add that when I do a "show all workspaces" to display all of my desktops the split-off panel doesn't show up. So there is no way of moving the panel around to different desktops.

grimm wrote:Arrrrrgg! Now I can't re-dock the render viewport. I move it back to where it is by default in the main Octane window and then select the "save as default" menu option. But when I quit and reload Octane the panel is still undocked. This is the correct way to set this, isn't it? :(

Also looks like the preferences window is missing it's border so it gets lost in the nodegraph editor's background.

I can confirm the behaviour of moving the windows. They don't go all together to the same Desktop. I've also noticed that other applications suffer from the same problem. I don't think there's anything we can do about this because our gui toolkit doesn't expose this functionality. I'm using a multi-monitor setup and apart from that it works fine here.

Yes, if you re-dock the viewport and then select 'save as default' it should be good after you load a new project or restart Octane. Can you reproduce this consistently?

cheers,
Thomas
stratified
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)