Hello, I need to set scene with small emission object but...

Forums: Hello, I need to set scene with small emission object but...
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Hello, I need to set scene with small emission object but...

Postby Ofcourse » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:35 am

Ofcourse Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:35 am
Hello, I have splines with octane instance tag on them, rendered as hair is enabled and I assigned emission material to it... all good but when i set the scene up the splines are good but the environment is not iluminated by those splines enough, so I increased the emission in the material but the problem is that those splines are completely white...

So my question is what is the right work flow for this situation when I want some emission object to have my desired look and be emissive at the same time and be iluminating the environment as I wish?

I have already tried to use object tag and hide one object from the camera and make duplicate and let it to be seen but this also does not work because the hidden object also hide the another at the same place.
Ofcourse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Hello, I need to set scene with small emission object but...

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:03 am

bepeg4d Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:03 am
Hi,
assuming you are working in c4doctane, please have a look at here on how to add an hidden emitter to reduce the complexity of the visible emitter:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67076&p=337289&hilit=visible+on+diffuse#p337289

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Hello, I need to set scene with small emission object but...

Postby elsksa » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:29 pm

elsksa Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:29 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi,
assuming you are working in c4doctane, please have a look at here on how to add an hidden emitter to reduce the complexity of the visible emitter:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67076&p=337289&hilit=visible+on+diffuse#p337289

ciao,
Beppe

This ^
Exactly what I suggested in the other place where you ask. This is the way to go.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Resources and Sharing