OctaneRender performance optimization for Cinema4D RTX 2060

Forums: OctaneRender performance optimization for Cinema4D RTX 2060
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

OctaneRender performance optimization for Cinema4D RTX 2060

Postby Frank_98 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 am

Frank_98 Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 am
Goodmorning everyone;
I am new to the world of OctaneRender.
I'm writing to see if anyone has any advice on the best settings for Octane on Cinema 4D. I have an RTX 2060 (6GB).
I know it is barely sufficient as a GPU, but I have to say that on Redshift it works pretty well and is fast enough.

I would like to try to optimize Octane's performance. If anyone has a setting to share, it would be perfect.

I use OctaneRender 2020 1.5 - R4 (Studio) on Cinema4D S22 and Redshift 2.6 on Cinema 4D R19.

(I don't use Cinema4D, nor other render engines for commercial purposes. Only as a hobby)

Thanks,

Frank
Frank_98

Re: OctaneRender performance optimization for Cinema4D RTX 2060

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:48 am

bepeg4d Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:48 am
Hi Frank,
welcome on board :)

Please, next time, if you have a question related to c4doctane, please use the proper section of the Otoy forum here:
viewforum.php?f=30

About settings, please have a look at this page here, the basic concepts are still valid:
https://inlifethrill.com/category/tutor ... ne-render/

Please also have a look at the manual here:
http://www.aoktar.com/octane/WELCOMETOOCTANERENDER.html

Happy GPU Rendering,
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Resources and Sharing