Water texture troubleshoot

Forums: Water texture troubleshoot
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Water texture troubleshoot

Postby evatucek » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am

evatucek Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am
Hi there folks,

I followed an extremely simple tutorial on how to create aanimated water texture using the noise and displacement nodes on a specular material, but I get absolutely no result in my render. Using Octane2020.
Would anyone here be kind and patient enough to explain my stupid soul what in the heck I am doing wrong :) I have tried a range of settings on the noise scale and UV lengths ranging from 5 to 500.
It is also a rather large file, considering it only contains 4 simple items and one material - is this the displacement at work?
here is a link for any brave souls who might have some light to shed on this matter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp4i6blwjsnul ... T.rar?dl=0
evatucek

Re: Water texture troubleshoot

Postby evatucek » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:53 am

evatucek Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:53 am
Hold your horses, problem was solved - connected the Noise to Bump instead, works beautifully and doesn't grind the machine to a halt.
Just posting this in case someone else comes across the same issue :)
evatucek

Return to Resources and Sharing