Rubber - plastic material

Forums: Rubber - plastic material
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Rubber - plastic material

Postby Jankopetruska » Fri May 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Jankopetruska Fri May 22, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi guys.
During my inspiration process on Dribbble I found very interesting 3D render with material similar to rubber or plastic, its difficult to describe it. In description below it was written that the image was created in Blender, so I tried to come across some settings in Octane and I played with subsurface scatterring and combinations with specular etc, but the result was very far from original image. (I'm sending in attachment)
I would be enormously thankful if you could help me with this one.
Attachments
a634570c1787539c98221dc5a2b7fe1b.png
Jankopetruska

Re: Rubber - plastic material

Postby bepeg4d » Mon May 25, 2020 7:45 am

bepeg4d Mon May 25, 2020 7:45 am
Hi,
with Specular material, you need to set Transmission to white, and use the Absorption for coloring, and white Scattering for the thickness, and play with high Density values.
You could also try with an Universal material, with Transmission set to Diffuse, and Scattering Medium node, to mimic the Mix between Glossy+SSS Diffuse materials, it should be more easy to setup.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Rubber - plastic material

Postby Jankopetruska » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:30 am

Jankopetruska Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:30 am
Oh. I'll try all options. It's great to have forum like these to ask from masters. I really really appreciate this. Thanks a LOT. :)
Miro
Jankopetruska

Return to Resources and Sharing