Render fire simulation turbulence fd with octane

Forums: Render fire simulation turbulence fd with octane
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Render fire simulation turbulence fd with octane

Postby Marselle1277 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:30 am

Marselle1277 Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:30 am
Hello everyone, I need help. I need to make a realistic simulation of fire in cinema 4d. I do a simulation in turbulence fd or in x particles and then import it into octane vdb volume. Everything looks cool on the built-in plugins for vfx, but when importing into octane, something bad happens. As far as I understand, there is only one way to configure fire through vdb medium. No matter how I try, the output is something super ugly. Could you help me with this? I need to achieve the same result as here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8G1FZjz7I
Marselle1277

Re: Render fire simulation turbulence fd with octane

Postby frankmci » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:59 pm

frankmci Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:59 pm
You'll need to share some examples of what you have tried if you want any useful feedback. Your best bet is to upload a super-simplified scene file showing what you have been able to accomplish so far. Zip the whole project folder to upload it to the forum.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Resources and Sharing