Plugin failed to load

Forums: Plugin failed to load
Sub forum for bug reports

Plugin failed to load

Postby cridgit » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:45 pm

cridgit Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:45 pm
On my new Windows 11 PC I have not been able to get the Octane plugin to load successfully. Installation to default DAZ Studio install directory is fine but after starting DAZ Studio the Octane tab is not shown. About Installed Plugins shows plorsdazs with a red icon and the error text below. This same problem occurred for the previous and current versions of the plugin.

"
Plugin failed to load!
Filename : C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/OctaneRender/plordazs.dll
Name : plordazs
Author : Unknown
Version : 0.0.0.0
Reason : Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.
Unknown
"

Windows 11 Pro 21H2
64GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 3090 24 GB
Nvidia driver 511.65
DAZ Studio 4.16.0.3
OctaneRender for DS Prime 2021.1.1.62 AND 2021.1.3.63
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Plugin failed to load

Postby BK » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:42 pm

BK Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:42 pm
cridgit wrote:On my new Windows 11 PC I have not been able to get the Octane plugin to load successfully. Installation to default DAZ Studio install directory is fine but after starting DAZ Studio the Octane tab is not shown. About Installed Plugins shows plorsdazs with a red icon and the error text below. This same problem occurred for the previous and current versions of the plugin.

"
Plugin failed to load!
Filename : C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/OctaneRender/plordazs.dll
Name : plordazs
Author : Unknown
Version : 0.0.0.0
Reason : Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.
Unknown
"

Windows 11 Pro 21H2
64GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 3090 24 GB
Nvidia driver 511.65
DAZ Studio 4.16.0.3
OctaneRender for DS Prime 2021.1.1.62 AND 2021.1.3.63

Hi there,

We have tried the 2021.1.3-63 prime with DAZ Studio 4.20 and it worked fine.
Please try uninstalling OctaneRender for Daz and then reinstall and see if it works.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cridgit » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:59 pm

cridgit Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:59 pm
Hi

Yes I tried this already. I had the same problem with the previous version, so uninstalled it and then installed the new version yesterday which gave the same error. The only difference was that I had Win10 on my old PC and I have Win11 on my new PC.
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cridgit » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:46 pm

cridgit Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:46 pm
Hello, anyone?

Which version of the Octane plugin should I try with DAZ Studio 4.16? The last 2 Octane plugins haven't been working for me, but I don't know if this is a Win11 problem or a DAZ Studio version problem.
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:25 pm

Sorel Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:25 pm
I can't upgrade to windows 11 so I couldn't tell ya.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cridgit » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:20 am

cridgit Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:20 am
This bug report was filed weeks ago and has not yet had an even remotely satisfactory acknowledgement. Simply saying that version X of the plugin works with version Y of Studio doesn't cut it. Are you using it on Windows 10 or Windows 11? Are you on a Windows 11 upgrade or Windows 11 fresh install? Did you actually properly read the bug report? This is really pis poor support.

I don't complain on these forums about lack of new features like some other folks like to do. But for heaven's sake a little bit of support wouldn't be too much to ask would it? Or open source your code I'll bloomin fix it myself.

I bought a new PC with a fresh Windows 11 install. Installed DAZ Studio 4.16 then the Octane plugin. When I start Studio the plugin shows me ERROR FAILED TO LOAD. NOT A VALID DAZ STUDIO PLUGIN OR WAS MADE FOR A DIFFERENT VERSION OF DAZ STUDIO. This exact same versions worked on Windows 10. How much would you like to bet that for Windows 11 fresh installs (not upgrades) something in the file system or system registry doesn't work the same way as Windows 10, hence causing DAZ Studio to think this isn't a valid plugin. Probably if you upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 there correct values are already there and get carried forward during the upgrade (which explains why others have the same versions working on Windows 11 ... they probably upgraded from existing Windows 10 installs).

Grumble grumble grumble.
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:30 am

Sorel Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:30 am
cridgit wrote:This bug report was filed weeks ago and has not yet had an even remotely satisfactory acknowledgement. Simply saying that version X of the plugin works with version Y of Studio doesn't cut it. Are you using it on Windows 10 or Windows 11? Are you on a Windows 11 upgrade or Windows 11 fresh install? Did you actually properly read the bug report? This is really pis poor support.

I don't complain on these forums about lack of new features like some other folks like to do. But for heaven's sake a little bit of support wouldn't be too much to ask would it? Or open source your code I'll bloomin fix it myself.

I bought a new PC with a fresh Windows 11 install. Installed DAZ Studio 4.16 then the Octane plugin. When I start Studio the plugin shows me ERROR FAILED TO LOAD. NOT A VALID DAZ STUDIO PLUGIN OR WAS MADE FOR A DIFFERENT VERSION OF DAZ STUDIO. This exact same versions worked on Windows 10. How much would you like to bet that for Windows 11 fresh installs (not upgrades) something in the file system or system registry doesn't work the same way as Windows 10, hence causing DAZ Studio to think this isn't a valid plugin. Probably if you upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 there correct values are already there and get carried forward during the upgrade (which explains why others have the same versions working on Windows 11 ... they probably upgraded from existing Windows 10 installs).

Grumble grumble grumble.

Just in case, you did install the correct version of octane that pertains to your license? I had an issue like this before and it was cause I installed the enterprise version instead of studio. Other than that, maybe ask around in general if other people have had such an issue? It is disappointing there has been no follow up though.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:00 am

BK Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:00 am
cridgit wrote:This bug report was filed weeks ago and has not yet had an even remotely satisfactory acknowledgement. Simply saying that version X of the plugin works with version Y of Studio doesn't cut it. Are you using it on Windows 10 or Windows 11? Are you on a Windows 11 upgrade or Windows 11 fresh install? Did you actually properly read the bug report? This is really pis poor support.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Hi cridgit,

Sorry for the late reply as we had to arrange a workstation with Win 11.
In our test OctaneRender for Daz latest build, v2021.1.3.63 worked fine in the image below.
DazWin11.png

- First, we installed the Daz Central>Downloaded the Daz v 4.20> installed OctaneRender for Daz as usual.
Would you please try *Run as Administrator* to install the OctaneRender for Daz plugin and see if it works?
Also, make sure to point to the right DAZ3d path!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cridgit » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:01 am

cridgit Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:01 am
Hi BK

Thank you for the suggestion; I've tried reinstalling as administrator but that didn't solve the problem.

When starting DAZ Studio I get the following error in the log. The DLL file is there alongside the license agreement. Only 2 files in the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\OctaneRender folder, is that right?

2022-04-03 06:55:44.879 dzdrawstyles.dll
2022-04-03 06:55:44.881 plordazs.dll
2022-04-03 06:55:44.890 C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\OctaneRender\plordazs.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\OctaneRender\plordazs.dll: The specified module could not be found.
2022-04-03 06:55:44.891 dzpowerpose.dll

What module could it be looking for?
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cridgit » Tue May 03, 2022 1:55 pm

cridgit Tue May 03, 2022 1:55 pm
I know nobody reads these forums (the only one other person in the world uses Octane for DAZ Studio is on vacation) but I'll just keep posting my ongoing inability to use Octane plugin for DAZ Studio 4.16 in case my grandchildren want to read about me one day in future.

As reported on 9 March, I have performed a clean install of DAZ Studio 4.16 on a new Windows 11 PC and since then until today 2 months later I haven't been able to load Octane in DAZ Studio. I've tried installing the older and newer versions. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I've tried installing with admin privileges.

Admittedly that's all I've done because those were the only suggestions made before the Octane development team got kidnapped by aliens.

Anyway I don't need Octane anymore. I only used it before because it was much faster than Iray but my new 3090 is so fast I can render in Iray now. And it works.
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Bug Reports