Rendering incorrect dimensions

Forums: Rendering incorrect dimensions
Sub forum for bug reports

Rendering incorrect dimensions

Postby cridgit » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:31 am

cridgit Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:31 am
[NOTE: I just spent 10 minutes writing a very detailed bug report but when I tried to upload the 4th attachment your captcha popped up and DELETED MY ENTIRE POST! I had to rewrite the whole darn thing again and combine the screenshots, so you're not getting the same detailed report again.]

At unpredictable times Octane renders incorrect dimensions. Today it happened when I was using LiveDB but that may just be a coincedence. As shown in the screenshots (left to right) it renders 4x4 in Camera View (any camera), and landscape in Perspective View even though Octane render settings are 540x960 (portrait). DAZ Studio render settings were changed to 4x4 and even if I change back to 540x960 or anything else, Octane continues to render 4x4 for cameras and landscape for Perspective view. It does correctly follow Perspective View rotation in Live view ... only the dimensions are wrong). It does this for existing cameras or new ones I add to the scene. Once this has happened for a scene, it continues whether I quit Studio and reload the scene or even if I restart my computer.
Other scenes work fine - I can load another scene and render correctly but when I reload the problematic scene (even if it was saved before the problem started) it renders that scene incorrectly again. The only solution is to delete all cameras as well as Octane scene data, save the scene, restart Studio and recreate cameras and Octane render settings. Deleting just cameras or just Octane scene data doesn't work. Its almost like it caches some incorrect settings to disk somewhere (because it continues after a PC restart) and no matter what I do in Studio it uses its own incorrect settings.

I have a DUF file illustrating the problem (if the problem is in the file) but your forum won't let me upload DUF files.

Octane 2020.2.17.61
DAZ Studio 4.16.0.3
GTX 980Ti
Windows 10 Home
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Rendering incorrect dimensions

Postby BK » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 am

BK Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:12 am
cridgit wrote:[NOTE: I just spent 10 minutes writing a very detailed bug report but when I tried to upload the 4th attachment your captcha popped up and DELETED MY ENTIRE POST! I had to rewrite the whole darn thing again and combine the screenshots, so you're not getting the same detailed report again.]

At unpredictable times Octane renders incorrect dimensions. Today it happened when I was using LiveDB but that may just be a coincedence. As shown in the screenshots (left to right) it renders 4x4 in Camera View (any camera), and landscape in Perspective View even though Octane render settings are 540x960 (portrait). DAZ Studio render settings were changed to 4x4 and even if I change back to 540x960 or anything else, Octane continues to render 4x4 for cameras and landscape for Perspective view. It does correctly follow Perspective View rotation in Live view ... only the dimensions are wrong). It does this for existing cameras or new ones I add to the scene. Once this has happened for a scene, it continues whether I quit Studio and reload the scene or even if I restart my computer.
Other scenes work fine - I can load another scene and render correctly but when I reload the problematic scene (even if it was saved before the problem started) it renders that scene incorrectly again. The only solution is to delete all cameras as well as Octane scene data, save the scene, restart Studio and recreate cameras and Octane render settings. Deleting just cameras or just Octane scene data doesn't work. Its almost like it caches some incorrect settings to disk somewhere (because it continues after a PC restart) and no matter what I do in Studio it uses its own incorrect settings.

I have a DUF file illustrating the problem (if the problem is in the file) but your forum won't let me upload DUF files.

Octane 2020.2.17.61
DAZ Studio 4.16.0.3
GTX 980Ti
Windows 10 Home

Hi Cridgit,

Thank you so much for the report.
Sorry to hear that you had to rewrite the post again!
Our forum account automatically logs out when it is inactive for security purposes.
Next time, please enable the *Remember me* option and see if it still logs out!

We tried to replicate this behavior but it renders the correct dimension on our workstation.
Is there more than one camera in the scene or could you please zip the .duf and share it here or via PM?
Also, have you tried deleting the *OctaneRender_settings.oczdb* file to reset the settings?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cridgit » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 am

cridgit Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 am
The forum error wasn't due to inactivity; it seems the captcha triggers if I try to add more than 3 attachments. Only problem is it doesn't remember the session so it clears the post text after validating and returning to the forum.

Attached is the zipped DUF file containing a simple primitive. This one has only 1 camera but the problem happens even if there are multiple cameras or even if I add new cameras.
Attachments
Octane Error Scene.zip
(42.94 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:09 pm

BK Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:09 pm
cridgit wrote:The forum error wasn't due to inactivity; it seems the captcha triggers if I try to add more than 3 attachments. Only problem is it doesn't remember the session so it clears the post text after validating and returning to the forum.

Attached is the zipped DUF file containing a simple primitive. This one has only 1 camera but the problem happens even if there are multiple cameras or even if I add new cameras.

Hi cridgit,

Thank you so much for sharing the file.
We are able to replicate the bug and it has been reported to our developer.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cridgit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:39 am

cridgit Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:39 am
Thank you team!
cridgit
Licensed Customer