Animation Movement bug

Forums: Animation Movement bug
Sub forum for bug reports

Animation Movement bug

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Hun73rdk_1 Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:21 pm
Sometimes the plugin will not move objects like in the scene daz viewport updates fine but not octane viewport then i have to rebuild or update on demand with every frame it takes long time to render out an animation if i have to do it manually and rebuild scene for each frame.
Latest version of the pluygin and latest daz but have done it in many daz versions.
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Animation Movement bug

Postby BK » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:46 am

BK Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:46 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:Sometimes the plugin will not move objects like in the scene daz viewport updates fine but not octane viewport then i have to rebuild or update on demand with every frame it takes long time to render out an animation if i have to do it manually and rebuild scene for each frame.
Latest version of the pluygin and latest daz but have done it in many daz versions.

Hi Hun73rdk_1

Apology for the late response.

Would you please try enabling the Live button? The option is related to Reload feature either Reload Forced, Rebuild and Reload on demand.
We tried to replicate it and it works with the Live option button!

Here is a small video,

[ Play Quicktime file ] LivenRebuild.mp4 [ 7.97 MiB | Viewed 3417 times ]

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby sudisk » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:06 pm

sudisk Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:06 pm
Hello,

I can confirm that behavior with the live button enabled.

I did however do something wrong, but I couldn't recover from it:
- I started working on the scene, and added a G8 character (if it matters)
- When I started working on expressions, I was on the DAZ posing tab, not parameters tab, and the expression wasn't registered.
- I used the "Reload on demand" command to realign the expression and it worked
- I switched back to the parameters tab and then none of my pose change was registered automatically. I needed to do a manual reload to have it taken into account.

I looks like the live feature was disconnected from the scene and couldn't recover from it.

I hope this helps.
sudisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:36 am

Hun73rdk_1 Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:36 am
That is with the live button on i have that problem if i restart daz and load the scene with animation its works again if i just change 1 thing in the scene even just a shader roughness it will brake the animation again.
Join the Octane Daz Fan server for people that uses daz and octane https://discord.gg/wDzwC8tqAK
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:42 am

BK Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:42 am
sudisk wrote:Hello,

- When I started working on expressions, I was on the DAZ posing tab, not parameters tab, and the expression wasn't registered.
- I switched back to the parameters tab and then none of my pose change was registered automatically. I needed to do a manual reload to have it taken into account.

I looks like the live feature was disconnected from the scene and couldn't recover from it.

I hope this helps.

Hello Sudisk,

Thank you for having a look.
Yes, I have the same experience that sometimes the live feature could recover.
When you say the expression, is it a facial expression or just the poses with G8?

Thank you!
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:44 am

BK Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:44 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:That is with the live button on i have that problem if i restart daz and load the scene with animation its works again if i just change 1 thing in the scene even just a shader roughness it will brake the animation again.

Hello Hun73rdk_1,

Thank you for the response.
Could you please try pressing Live then Reload(on demand or Force or rebuild) one of the option and see if it still happens?

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Hun73rdk_1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:28 am

Hun73rdk_1 Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:28 am
BK wrote:
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:That is with the live button on i have that problem if i restart daz and load the scene with animation its works again if i just change 1 thing in the scene even just a shader roughness it will brake the animation again.

Hello Hun73rdk_1,

Could you please try pressing Live then Reload(on demand or Force or rebuild) one of the option and see if it still happens?

cheers

I have tried everything only thing that works is sometime to restart daz and load the scene again and sometimes it will not work.

i tried all you just wrote more than 1 time
Hun73rdk_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:30 am

BK Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:30 am
Hun73rdk_1 wrote:
BK wrote:

Hello Hun73rdk_1,

cheers

I have tried everything only thing that works is sometime to restart daz and load the scene again and sometimes it will not work.

i tried all you just wrote more than 1 time

Hello Hun73rdk_1,

Thank you for confirming this.
Would it be possible to PM me a video and the scene file?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby sudisk » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 am

sudisk Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 am
BK wrote:

I hope this helps.

Hello Sudisk,

When you say the expression, is it a facial expression or just the poses with G8?

Thank you!

Sorry for my late reply.
I was playing with the pose sliders in the head section of the pose tab, with either expressions or basic mouth/cheek/eyes pose morphs.
sudisk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:40 am

BK Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:40 am
sudisk wrote:
BK wrote:

I hope this helps.

Hello Sudisk,

Thank you!

Sorry for my late reply.
I was playing with the pose sliders in the head section of the pose tab, with either expressions or basic mouth/cheek/eyes pose morphs.

Hi Sudisk,

Thank you for this. We will try to replicate it on our end!!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports