OctaneRender 2023.1 Beta-4 Solaris19.5.605 - RC4[Obsolete]

Forums: OctaneRender 2023.1 Beta-4 Solaris19.5.605 - RC4[Obsolete]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Re: OctaneRender 2023.1 Beta-4 Solaris19.5.605 - RC4

Postby AlexeyAdamitsky » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:54 pm

AlexeyAdamitsky Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:54 pm
snakeboxmedia wrote:Anyway... I really wish I was using octane in solaris.

Yeah, I can't wait for a production build for Houdini Solaris. You can work with the latest beta build but there are still too many rough edges and issues. I want to fully move to Houdini for production and Octane would be ideal for me as the main renderer if it was better integrated.
AlexeyAdamitsky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender 2023.1 Beta-4 Solaris19.5.605 - RC4

Postby BK » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:12 am

BK Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:12 am
snakeboxmedia wrote:It is now 27 days since we have heard a peep from Houdini for Solaris... the world has literally changed since then lol, Octane 2024 announced, Houdini 20 released... Is there any hope the Solaris side of things will get faster in the future? you guys getting more people or help? because right now it's a really REALLY hard sell recommending anyone picking up octane with the impending industry move to Solaris when it comes to Houdini, and right now this plugin is the weakest link in all this... The fact the main plugin and the solaris plugin don't release together, still is also not only confusing but silly, make it easy for people please!

Anyway... I really wish I was using octane in solaris, but there is just no way currently.

Hi snakeboxmedia,

Thanks for the post.

Apology for the delays. We are aware of the new releases of Octane 2024 and H20.
We are still working on Houdini 20, however, faced a roadblock on the new Material builder node.
I have posted the same reply to you on the Discord channel as well.
We have reached out to Sidefx to provide proper development documentation for H20.

It would be unfair to let OctaneRender Houdini main plugin users wait, so we release it as soon as the QA is done.
Anyways we are looking forward to a smoother development pipeline going forward.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Releases