SSS for Solaris

Forums: SSS for Solaris
Hydra Solaris

SSS for Solaris

Postby josbin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 am

josbin Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 am
Hi,

Recently I am getting into Solaris and I tried to do my last Project with it, but then realised, that there is no SSS in the Octane Shaders for Solaris yet. So I switched over to the usual workflow. It's great that the "Normal"Plug-In is included in the Solaris one! First: Am I missing something or is there no SSS~in Solaris? Secondly: Is there a roadmap where we can see when features are getting implemented for the Solaris Plug-In?

thanks for all your work!
josbin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: SSS for Solaris

Postby BK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:59 pm

BK Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:59 pm
josbin wrote:Hi,

Recently I am getting into Solaris and I tried to do my last Project with it, but then realised, that there is no SSS in the Octane Shaders for Solaris yet. So I switched over to the usual workflow. It's great that the "Normal"Plug-In is included in the Solaris one! First: Am I missing something or is there no SSS~in Solaris? Secondly: Is there a roadmap where we can see when features are getting implemented for the Solaris Plug-In?

thanks for all your work!

Hi Josbin,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

It seems SSS is working on our side. Would you please share a sample of your workflow for us to investigate?
Btw, we usually implement new features based on user requests. This helps us to prioritize the features users need the most.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Hydra Solaris