Material mixer doesn't mix rounded edges values

Forums: Material mixer doesn't mix rounded edges values
Hydra Solaris

Material mixer doesn't mix rounded edges values

Postby madssigurd » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:45 pm

madssigurd Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:45 pm
As stated above, when mixing two materials with differing amounts of rounded edges, the shader just chooses the value from the first input.

As can be seen in the attached images the blue metal has edge roundness, even though the materials roundness is set to 0?

The reason i am trying to blend two different round edges values, is to try and create variation (using noise for example) since rough metals usually don't have completely even edge roundness all over. If there is a better way to achieve this please do let me know :) .
Attachments
Octane material 2.png
Material 2, round edges set to 0
Octane material 1.png
Material 1, round edges set to 0.025
madssigurd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Material mixer doesn't mix rounded edges values

Postby BK » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:45 am

BK Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:45 am
madssigurd wrote:As stated above, when mixing two materials with differing amounts of rounded edges, the shader just chooses the value from the first input.

As can be seen in the attached images the blue metal has edge roundness, even though the materials roundness is set to 0?

The reason i am trying to blend two different round edges values, is to try and create variation (using noise for example) since rough metals usually don't have completely even edge roundness all over. If there is a better way to achieve this please do let me know :) .

Hi Madssigurd,

Thanks for the post.
Could you please PM me the ORBX format to see if we can find a better way to achieve the result?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Hydra Solaris