I'm considering setting up a RNDR node -is it even worth it?

Forums: I'm considering setting up a RNDR node -is it even worth it?
Discussion Forum for the Render Network
Forum rules
For support questions please visit help.otoy.com or contact [email protected]

I'm considering setting up a RNDR node -is it even worth it?

Postby abraminmotion » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 pm

abraminmotion Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 pm
Is there enough demand for RNDR for me to use my 4090 as a node? I haven't found much information online for this, does anyone even use RNDR?

Has anyone done this before? What kind of $ can be made from running a 4090 RNDR node?

Looking into this now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-qqIAHoGY and https://know.rendernetwork.com/getting- ... dr-network
RTX 4090 / i9-12900K / 128GB RAM
abraminmotion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: I'm considering setting up a RNDR node -is it even worth it?

Postby glimpse » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:36 am

glimpse Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:36 am
depends what You consider being 'enough'.

Follow the project from early days, been on of those who entered from beginning. Added my machines when they are idling and keep them there while I'm not using. doing this more or less since the beginning and have no regret spending some extra try it. Love the idea.

if You plan to live worry free life from submitting single 4090 machine, then it's not going to happen. However, if You have no rush, wait to the moment RNDR value rises, sell some that You mined, I can say for sure you can upgrade Your machine to better one down the line without having extra expenses.

keep in mind that as You go, You will need to keep it online, keep it ready, so You will have constant power draw - these things sum up. Not even talking about hardware failures, driver issues,..

as for load in general, it depends a lot on community and the demand, but in any case we are not looking into 100% or even 10% load. However, as with all the things it also depends on specifics: You can combine running RNDR jobs and when it's idling, do some other bits (mining), some rent those machines for AI development and such if You wish to make more money from Your investment.

Sinc.
tom
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: I'm considering setting up a RNDR node -is it even worth it?

Postby abraminmotion » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:07 pm

abraminmotion Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:07 pm
Thanks for the great info. I'll look into other ai opportunity too!
RTX 4090 / i9-12900K / 128GB RAM
abraminmotion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to The Render Network