Motion Blur BUG. Content attached.

Forums: Motion Blur BUG. Content attached.
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: juanjgon

Motion Blur BUG. Content attached.

Postby pixelsmack » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:32 am

pixelsmack Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:32 am
I have been having many issues since we moved past Octane version 2020.2. One of the more nasty ones is this motion blur issue. It happens unpredictably on certain frames. Thankfully it's consistent. I have tested this in the latest Octane and it is still a problem. The motion blur, for lack of a better phrase, "freaks out." The solution is to use the old deprecated Multi-pass motion blur. However this is not ideal, as it's slower and a no longer maintained feature. Also does not work with LWSN.

Load scene. Go to frame 282. F9. Now render frames 281 and 283. Or, render it all if you like. You will see the "whacky" frame. Again, this can be fixed using the older Multi-pass motion blur.
Attachments
moblurBUG.zip
(12.07 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
pixelsmack
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Motion Blur BUG. Content attached.

Postby pixelsmack » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:35 pm

pixelsmack Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:35 pm
UPDATE...

Further testing shows this bug is an issue with the Render Target Motion Blur settings. If you change the default Objects Motion Blur Steps from 2. I was able to adjust the steps up to "4" without issue. Any number after that, causes this "jump" frame in the motion blur. I was using a value of "10" as this made the tail rotor of my helicopter renders look quite nice.
pixelsmack
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports