Object Layer on Imported Alembic Geo

Forums: Object Layer on Imported Alembic Geo
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Object Layer on Imported Alembic Geo

Postby spirestudios-octane » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:53 am

spirestudios-octane Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:53 am
Hi, there are no Object layer options on geo that import straight into Octane standalone. I can't assign render layers to any geo or set other layer properties because of this. Same goes for alembic caches that we import into Unreal, we can't add the octane properties to these type of geo.
spirestudios-octane

Re: Object Layer on Imported Alembic Geo

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:02 pm

ChrisHekman Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:02 pm
spirestudios-octane wrote:Hi, there are no Object layer options on geo that import straight into Octane standalone. I can't assign render layers to any geo or set other layer properties because of this.

You can add an Objectlayercomponent to a StaticMeshComponent as a child component in your unreal level.
The objectlayer options should then be applied and be exported out from unreal to octane standalone.

Same goes for alembic caches that we import into Unreal, we can't add the octane properties to these type of geo.

Do you mean geometry cache? I just checked and it seems GeometryCacheComponents do not support ObjectlayerComponents yet.
I have added Objectlayercomponent support to GeometryCacheComponent, and it will be part of the next build
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby spirestudios-octane » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:18 pm

spirestudios-octane Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:18 pm
Thank you!
spirestudios-octane

Postby dkalt » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:18 pm

dkalt Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:18 pm
Has there been any updates to this issue? I recently tried importing objects as either alembic or C4D with geometry cache into UE 5.3 and it seems anything with geocache does not render in the Octane plugin.
dkalt

Return to Unreal® Engine