Don't make render layer compositor sockets interactive

Forums: Don't make render layer compositor sockets interactive
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Don't make render layer compositor sockets interactive

Postby Andreas_Resch » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:22 am

Andreas_Resch Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:22 am
I just ran into some confusions about the output sockets of the Render Layer node. The DenoisedBeauty node disappears if denoising is disabled. Right now I often disable the Denoiser in the preview rendering because it rather slows down the speed. But by doing so, I can't see the socket in the Compositor. So when I want to adjust something in the Compositor, I need to enable the denoising in the viewport just to be able to do so. That's not very intuitive and down the line will also lead to confusions for new users. And they already are with all the issues about the Camera Imager and denoising in preview. So I would not mess with the compositor sockets in such a way. Just stick with the system that once a render pass is selected in the View Layer tab, have it be shown in Compositor as well.
Andreas_Resch

Re: Don't make render layer compositor sockets interactive

Postby Andreas_Resch » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:06 am

Andreas_Resch Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:06 am
This seems to affect other node-based editors as well. So if I have a Octane Compositor node tree active and switch to the Geometry Node Editor and back, the Octane Compositor node tree isn't active any more. However when I switch back to the Geometry Node Editor, the tree is still visible there. Octane just can't remember which node tree was active.
Andreas_Resch

Return to User Requests