Conversion of old scenes

Forums: Conversion of old scenes
Sub forum for feature requests etc

Conversion of old scenes

Postby Andreas_Resch » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:44 am

Andreas_Resch Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:44 am
It seems as if opening old scenes in 28.3 (addon in my case) doesn't work well. We know that. As it seems, it's mainly an issue with some material node incompatibilities.

Would it be possible to have the fix integrated into the plugin rather than having to export the old file by using an old version of Octane? In that case we would always have to keep an old installation of Octane on the system just to open and export old files. It would be much simpler and elegant if we could do that conversion from within the new addon. Maybe worth thinking about.

It would also be great to know which node exactly causes the scene to break. Is it just one or are more nodes involved?

[EDIT] I just found out, that I can't even start the old server version any more (27.16) as my account is listed as "Deactivated" for that. The new server version for the 28.3 addon works though. So just to convert old scenes I might have to go to my account and activate/deactivate licenses as well. With that, converting old scenes becomes really bothersome.
Andreas_Resch

Return to User Requests