Textures/materials not refreshing

Forums: Textures/materials not refreshing
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Textures/materials not refreshing

Postby Andreas_Resch » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am

Andreas_Resch Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am
I did a quick jump back into Octane to see where we and immediately ran into a bug.

When copying a material to another object and then changing the image texture (RGB Image), the texture in the viewport doesn't update. I have to stop and start rendering again. Also undoing steps doesn't reverse the texture changes in the viewport. It's a guessing game, when I changed the textures. Hard to reverse changes where texture changes where involved.

There's also a bug where other material changes in the nodes are not updated. For example - I created a glass material, applied an Absorbtion Medium node and changed the color there. No changes in the viewport. I had to restart it and the it was fine.

In all cases, cashing was set to "Geometry Only".

Octane CB 28.12, RTX 3060, Windows 10 64-Bit
Andreas_Resch

Return to Bug Reports