black screen after loading Octane plugin

Forums: black screen after loading Octane plugin
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: JimStar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

black screen after loading Octane plugin

Postby mango » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:56 am

mango Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:56 am
I have been using the following (old!) versions for a few years now:
A. Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.180812-0703)
B. Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black
C. Memory: 16384MB RAM
D. Driver Version: 26.21.14.3136
E. Octane Version 2.16
F. Octane Maya plugin Version 2.11.1-5.6
G. Maya 2015 CutID: 201402282131-909040
For anything else, please see the uploaded DxDiag.txt file.
About a month ago, my entire screen began to black out for a few seconds sporadically. I don't think I changed anything, although I may have updated Windows. After some experimentation, I determined that one of my two graphics cards was damaged, so I removed it and reinstalled the latest driver. But the black outs continue. I actually am now able to reliably reproduce the black out with the following simple steps:
Start Maya
Go to the plug-ins dialog and load the Octane plug-in (I don't have it set to load automatically).
Wait around 30 seconds and the screen will go black. It keeps going black for a couple of seconds every 10 seconds. When I close Maya the blackouts end.
I tried to reproduce this problem with the standalone and it did occur maybe twice when I loaded the sample chess scene and moved the camera while rendering. But there was mostly no problem.

Any advice for how I should proceed? Thanks.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(73.28 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
mango
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports