OctaneRender for Maya 2022.1-21.21 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for Maya 2022.1-21.21 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

OctaneRender for Maya 2022.1-21.21 [OBSOLETE]

Postby JimStar » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:51 pm

JimStar Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:51 pm
Otoy® is proud to announce the availability of a new OctaneRender™ for Maya®
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased render engine that integrates completely into Autodesk® Maya®.

Maya® Version Requirements

This release will work with Maya® Versions 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023 64-bit on Windows, MacOS and Linux systems.

Octane for Maya masterclass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANBzifhSow&list=PLTqdDmFtprFkzaBM7cmp8ZipQCNupDD0H

Changelog and the installers for Octane Standalone are here:
OctaneRender Standalone

Changes since version 21.18:

• Implemented the support of culling/translation textures for surface scatter. You need the culling texture connected in Maya to have any objects scattered: this is the Octane engine's inconsistency, reproducable in Standalone (if you export the scene to ORBX).
  • Implemented the HDR Tif support.

NOTE: If you plan to use this plugin in Maya prior to 2023, DON'T UPDATE the Bifrost version from 2.4 installed by a Maya installer to 2.5! The Bifrost 2.5 SDK/API is completely incompatible with previous one, thus you will not be able to load this plugin.
For Maya 2023 the default-installed Bifrost 2.5 will work only for the plugin (no 2.4 support starting with Maya 2023).
Bifrost download page: HERE

=================================
Subscription Studio+ Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya Studio+ [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya Studio+ [Linux]

Prime Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya Prime [MacOS]

DEMO Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [Linux]
Last edited by JimStar on Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for Maya 2022.1-21.21 [STABLE]

Postby Jolbertoquini » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:18 am

Jolbertoquini Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:18 am
JimStar wrote:
  • Implemented the support of culling/translation textures for surface scatter. You need the culling texture connected in Maya to have any objects scattered: this is the Octane engine's inconsistency, reproducable in Standalone (if you export the scene to ORBX).

Hi Jim,

Thanks Great update! Unfortanelty is not working with orbx proxy, also I fell now with this update all my other scenes was not working Until I realise for surface scatter to work I have to connect a white rgb node to make work, I guess the option is not great could we have like the opacity section on the shader? basically by default is white rgb and then the checker option for custom texture at the bottom. would make way more sense and surface scayyer would work straight after connected. And I would advice to have some tutorials as not a lot people will understand the process.

Best,
JO
Attachments
Screenshot_10.png
Basic set easy to use we should have like here on opacity section slider default at "1" and checker connection at the bottom
Screenshot_8.png
Currently API has just the connection and no default slider with set "1" connected and bottom to add custom maps like for opacity
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender for Maya 2022.1-21.21 [STABLE]

Postby JimStar » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:40 am

JimStar Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:40 am
Jolbertoquini wrote:Until I realise for surface scatter to work I have to connect a white rgb node to make work

You just should have read the release notes.
JimStar wrote:You need the culling texture connected in Maya to have any objects scattered: this is the Octane engine's inconsistency, reproducable in Standalone (if you export the scene to ORBX).

This should become OK in the plugin if this inconsistency got finally fixed in Standalone. At the time there is nothing to be fixed on the plugin side, this is how the Standalone/engine works: if you have an empty texture in the surface-scatter node in Standalone it scatters the objects all over the surface, but if you have the texture-input node connected without any texture in it - then Standalone does not scatter any objects over the surface. Inconsistent.
The only workaround for now is already stated in the release notes: just connect a float-texture node with value 1.0 to the culling plug of a new scatter node if you want to scatter all over the surface.

Regarding the existing scenes not rendering the same if there is no texture connected: I'll add the auto-conversion in next plugin version for the cases where you open an existing scene. This should take care of this side of the problem, before that gets fixed in Standalone...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Releases