NOTE: The software in this forum thread is not 100% reliable, this is a development build and is meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release.
!!! THIS IS THE BETA VERSION OF OctaneRender PLUGIN, IT IS RELEASED FOR INITIAL BUG HUNTING ONLY !!!
!!! PLEASE DON'T USE IT FOR PRODUCTION & DON'T SAVE THE SCENES FROM THIS BETA VERSION FOR FUTURE USE AS THERE ARE HIGH CHANCES TO LOSE THEM !!!
!!! SCENES SAVED IN THIS BETA VERSION ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK IN SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS !!!
!!! THE RENDER ENGINE IS YET TO BE STABLE, SOME CRASHES & BUGS ARE EXPECTED FOR THIS TEST VERSION OF THE PLUGIN !!!
Otoy® is proud to announce the availability of a new test version of OctaneRender™ for Maya®: OctaneRender™ 2020.1
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased render engine that integrates completely into Autodesk® Maya®.
Maya® Version Requirements
This release will work with Maya® Versions 2016.5, 2017, 2018 and 2019 64-bit on Windows, Linux and OSX operating systems.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
Changelog and the installers for Octane Standalone 2020.1 are here:
OctaneRender Standalone 2020.1 XB1
Changes since versions 16.1:
- Integrated the new 2020.1 XB1 rendering engine.
- Implemented the support of peer-GPUs setup.
- Implemented the support of OSL-texture's dynamic plugs for DB-import.
- Implemented the support of layered material (including DB-import).
- Implemented the nodes-deduplication functionality in the DB-import module.
- Implemented the import of any DB-material as Maya ORBX material. See the new "Import as ORBX material" checkbox in DB-section of Octane globals.
- Implemented the import of DB-material names.
- 2D Pan-Zoom support implemented.
- Fixed a bug: crash when DB-importing some nodes having compound plugs.
- The Octane SDK 2020.1 XB1 is only released for Windows and Linux. Thus OSX is not supported by this plugin release.
- "CUDA error 700" and other CUDA errors are expected to happen from time to time: these are the Octane engine's bugs. Should be fixed with later SDK/Standalone versions...
- Due to some inconsistency on the rendering engine level the builtin-scriptgraph nodes are not going to be present in the plugin. At least at this stage.
Subscription Enterprise Downloads
OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Windows]
OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Linux]
Subscription Studio Downloads
OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Windows]
OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Linux]