OctaneRender 2024.1 Alpha 4 for Houdini production

Forums: OctaneRender 2024.1 Alpha 4 for Houdini production
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: OctaneRender 2024.1 Alpha 4 for Houdini production

Postby ricky_otoy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:38 am

ricky_otoy Thu May 02, 2024 7:38 am
lavrenovlad wrote:Also there is one more bug that I noticed, not sure if this happens with unlocked RT nodes or something, or because the RT is from a previous version.
Basically when I launch IPR the image is very bright, then I restart the IPR and it goes back to normal exposure. It's another annoying bug like "not enough memory.." when I start IPR for the first time from the ROPs list and not just by clicking the "play" icon.

I haven't come across this one, is it just the 2024.1 builds?
Does this happen with simple or heavy scenes?
ricky_otoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby lavrenovlad » Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 pm

lavrenovlad Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 pm
ricky_otoy wrote:
lavrenovlad wrote:Also there is one more bug that I noticed, not sure if this happens with unlocked RT nodes or something, or because the RT is from a previous version.
Basically when I launch IPR the image is very bright, then I restart the IPR and it goes back to normal exposure. It's another annoying bug like "not enough memory.." when I start IPR for the first time from the ROPs list and not just by clicking the "play" icon.

Happens with medium size scenes. 2024 yea. It's either overexposed completely, or only highlights are weird.
Also one more thing, "Exploration strength" doesn't seem to do anything in "Photon Tracing" mode. IDK if it's supposed to be that way
lavrenovlad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ricky_otoy » Fri May 03, 2024 8:38 am

ricky_otoy Fri May 03, 2024 8:38 am
lavrenovlad wrote:
ricky_otoy wrote:

Happens with medium size scenes. 2024 yea. It's either overexposed completely, or only highlights are weird.
Also one more thing, "Exploration strength" doesn't seem to do anything in "Photon Tracing" mode. IDK if it's supposed to be that way

Thanks for reporting that, yes indeed it isn't updating in Houdini - we will look into it!

Please refer to a PM I sent you regarding your Denoise crashes and something to try/test. Thanks :)
ricky_otoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby lavrenovlad » Wed May 15, 2024 11:11 am

lavrenovlad Wed May 15, 2024 11:11 am
IPR updates are broken?
If I turn off all the IPR updates it seems like updates are still happening when I move on the timeline. If I turn off updates only camera and object transformations should change that are very fast and that isn't the case. So something is definitely off here
lavrenovlad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ricky_otoy » Thu May 16, 2024 9:24 am

ricky_otoy Thu May 16, 2024 9:24 am
lavrenovlad wrote:IPR updates are broken?
If I turn off all the IPR updates it seems like updates are still happening when I move on the timeline. If I turn off updates only camera and object transformations should change that are very fast and that isn't the case. So something is definitely off here

I will have a look today, thanks!
ricky_otoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Releases