Using attributes to define texture

Forums: Using attributes to define texture
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Using attributes to define texture

Postby fl4mingo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:15 pm

fl4mingo Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:15 pm
Hi guys, Octane noob here.
I had a quick question about a scene I made that basically has a flower with 5 petals, I separated the petals and remapped them to be called petalnum and used a range to individually select the petals.
I was wondering how I can have the shader use this selection to determine what to apply the shader to because when I try to test it out it just applies the gradient to the whole flower rather than each petal.
Ideally, I just want a radial gradient that comes in from the edges of each petal.
Thank you in advance!

Here's a link to the project file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zpt2Mq ... share_link
fl4mingo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Using attributes to define texture

Postby juanjgon » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 pm

juanjgon Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 pm
Sorry, I'm not sure to understand what you are trying to do. I suppose that you could use an attribute to control de material, but it is hard to say. Do you have a simpler example scene?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Using attributes to define texture

Postby fl4mingo » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pm

fl4mingo Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pm
juanjgon wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure to understand what you are trying to do. I suppose that you could use an attribute to control de material, but it is hard to say. Do you have a simpler example scene?

Thanks,
-Juanjo

Sorry for the confusion, I essentially am looking for a way to separate my petals and create a gradient on them individually rather than applying it to the whole flower at once which is currently what it does when I attempt to make a gradient.

I have it setup so that you can select each petal using @petalnum but I wasn't sure if there's a way to use that to drive the gradient to only apply to the selected petal.
Thanks for your help!
fl4mingo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Houdini