Octane trying to save prefs in wrong locationn

Forums: Octane trying to save prefs in wrong locationn
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Octane trying to save prefs in wrong locationn

Postby handmadecreative » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:34 pm

handmadecreative Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:34 pm
I have my packages environment etc. saved (Win 11) Users/documents/houdini_HVER_ I also have this environement variable set under windows.

For some reason Octane errors when I try and save a new octane.pref as it wants to save it in the directory Users/OneDrive/documents/houdini(version)

I can manually create this directory as a work around and I do indeed see the octane pref there but I would like it to respect the same path as everything else in Houdini is using for the prefs folder, do you know how I can fix this? Is there an environment variable specifically for OCtane?

Originally I had a user with online login but since then I have deleted thagt user and made a local user + re-installed Octane and Houdini yet somehow the Octane pref wants to save in that old non existant path.
handmadecreative
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane trying to save prefs in wrong locationn

Postby juanjgon » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:07 pm

juanjgon Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:07 pm
Hmm, the plugin saves the pref file to the standard $HOME directory as it is defined in the environment variable (it is an HDK function, so I'm not sure about the internals). What do you have in your $HOME variable? This is mine from the Houdini "About" window.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
2023-02-28 00_06_32-untitled.hip - Houdini FX 19.5.534 - Py3.9.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Houdini