Scatter on surface only four pieces?

Forums: Scatter on surface only four pieces?
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Scatter on surface only four pieces?

Postby gopper0815 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:11 am

gopper0815 Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:11 am
Hello,
when i want to scatter a lot of pieces on a surface, i should use the scatter on surface node, right? But this node has only four slots for pieces. When i want to scatter for example a grassfield with ten or more different plantspecies, how do i this? And how can i use my own Attributes to scatter? I mad a testgeo (templatehead) and wanted to scatter ten different objects from Megascans on the head. I used the attriebutefrompieces and a scatteralign-node to distribute the pieces driven by a mask (maskbyfeature), so the pieces in the eyearea are smaller than on top of the head. How can i use something like this with the scatternode from Octane? Or even more than 4 pieces? And when i import a assetpack from Megascan, there are more than one piece in one geometrynode. They are delivered with splitnodes. But i can only select the geonode itself with the scatternode and Octane scatter only the first piece in the Node.
gopper0815
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Scatter on surface only four pieces?

Postby juanjgon » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:47 pm

juanjgon Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:47 pm
You should use the conventional Houdini instancing tools for this kind of scene. Instancing using the s@instance attribute or packed geo instancing are probably the best workflows.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Houdini