Animated Textures

Forums: Animated Textures
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Re: Animated Textures

Postby fantome » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pm

fantome Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pm
Well as a general rules Juanjo is very very rarely responsable for the octane limitation. often it's because octane core doesn't handle things that looks quite obvious for us Houdini users.
We are lucky to have juanjo has the houdini plugin developer because he does an impressive job both for the dev part and answering our questions on the forum.

you can also create a ROP network with a merge node that combine your mantra render as a pre-process, and your octane render.
then when you lunch an octane frame it will automatically process the mantra pre-pass.

Cheers
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Animated Textures

Postby bassruettler » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:08 pm

bassruettler Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:08 pm
fantome wrote:Well as a general rules Juanjo is very very rarely responsable for the octane limitation. often it's because octane core doesn't handle things that looks quite obvious for us Houdini users.
We are lucky to have juanjo has the houdini plugin developer because he does an impressive job both for the dev part and answering our questions on the forum.
Cheers

I am very grateful about the fast response and general level of support we get for the Houdini plugin. I didn't mean to imply anything, I was just curious.
I did start to question however, whether Octane in general is the best option for me as a heavy Houdini user. But that's probably not appropriate to discuss in this forum :D
bassruettler
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Houdini