ORC when?

Forums: ORC when?
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

ORC when?

Postby nohyim » Mon May 23, 2016 5:33 pm

nohyim Mon May 23, 2016 5:33 pm
I ve just updated to octane render v3, and it is really a great job. But it was also announced the availability for octane render cloud. I did try to upload my scene from octane but sometime was just crashing octane or get that orc is unavailable.

Could you please tell us when it will be possible tu use it?

Thanks for your reply.
nohyim
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ORC when?

Postby xcaseyx » Mon May 23, 2016 5:41 pm

xcaseyx Mon May 23, 2016 5:41 pm
also super curious.

otoy... honestly.
xcaseyx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jp_vas » Mon May 23, 2016 6:07 pm

jp_vas Mon May 23, 2016 6:07 pm
It is very dissapointing...
i have been waiting for this ORC service for too long.... how many YEARS! have passed since they said they were going to give us that? (prior V2 launch i think...)
still nothing...

also, reading the forum, it says that there is not an advantage of using ORC for people like me that need to render still images... :( too bad....
i was just stupid in buying V3 version without reading the forum.

sorry friends for being negative, but too many promisses with this otoy guys.
maybe its time to start learning Vray
System: Windows 7 64 | GPU: GTX 580 1.5Gb | CPU: Intel Core i7 2.8 Ghz | RAM: 4GB
jp_vas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon May 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Goldorak Mon May 23, 2016 9:22 pm
nohyim wrote:I ve just updated to octane render v3, and it is really a great job. But it was also announced the availability for octane render cloud. I did try to upload my scene from octane but sometime was just crashing octane or get that orc is unavailable.

Could you please tell us when it will be possible tu use it?

Thanks for your reply.

Now that 3.00 is out we'll be turning on ORC next - we wanted to give ourselves a week after the 3.00 launch to test everything end to end one final time before opening the service to users.

ORC isn't turned on unless you sign up for the monthly service and buy a minimum set of credits - currently $10 USD.

So, Octane should not be allowing you to sync your scene to ORC (much less cause a crash) without an ORC subscription in place. Please report this to Fuzzybro so he can look into this and make sure we get this resolved in as soon as possible.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Goldorak » Mon May 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Goldorak Mon May 23, 2016 9:32 pm
jp_vas wrote:It is very dissapointing...
i have been waiting for this ORC service for too long.... how many YEARS! have passed since they said they were going to give us that? (prior V2 launch i think...)
still nothing...

also, reading the forum, it says that there is not an advantage of using ORC for people like me that need to render still images... :( too bad....
i was just stupid in buying V3 version without reading the forum.

sorry friends for being negative, but too many promisses with this otoy guys.
maybe its time to start learning Vray

We launched ORC for free a year ago during the RTM contest and thousands of users were able to run jobs on it during those months. We waited until 3.0 was out before opening it up for full commercial use. We felt it was important to launch with cost savings features built into V3, such as pause/resume rendering and delta syncing, none of which were possible in 2.x.

ORC is meant to be a tertiary extension beyond Octane's multi-GPU support and network rendering. It is there to support you if it makes sense for your project and budget.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby xcaseyx » Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 pm

xcaseyx Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 pm
we can't sign up for it yet right? its not just terribly hidden or something?
xcaseyx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby imensah » Mon May 23, 2016 10:55 pm

imensah Mon May 23, 2016 10:55 pm
Can we get a less cryptic answer than this? Seriously create a better thread with all the info so we don't have to dig about the forums looking for little bits of info here and there.
Win 8 Pro 64 Bit | i7 3770 3.5ghz | 8 Gb Ram | 1 x Titan 1 x GTX 480
imensah
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue May 24, 2016 3:57 am

Goldorak Tue May 24, 2016 3:57 am
We're focusing on the 3.00 launch (apart from ORC) through the remainder of this week. We're planning to let access to ORC begin next week.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby rafg » Tue May 24, 2016 6:16 am

rafg Tue May 24, 2016 6:16 am
As someone who does scrub multiple parts of the forum daily to find out what is going on with releases, updates and have been for years. A pinned post would really be amazing. Information does tend to drip, drip in multiple places leading to confusion and unfulfilled expectations of when items of a release will be available.

ORC for some including myself (tertiary or not) has been the whole point of buying and using octane from the beginning. So when we see a release date and slides of v3 releasing with ORC. I think we have a fair expectation that those items will be available. If not....if not, then all good, understandable stuff happens. Just Please give a heads up prior to a release date not on the date we are looking forward to it.

I rarely post on here but feel the frustration I read on parts of the forum and hope this comes off as constructive criticism from a loyal customer.

Hugely respect the work you guys are doing and looking forward to seeing ORC. Thanks.

Raf

rafg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby xcaseyx » Tue May 24, 2016 2:16 pm

xcaseyx Tue May 24, 2016 2:16 pm
When you say allow access.... Does that mean it's going to be available? Or that you'll have another private alpha?
Seriously blown away by how you guys handled this launch.
xcaseyx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to OctaneRender Cloud