When will the service be available?

Forums: When will the service be available?
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Re: When will the service be available?

Postby miohn » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

miohn Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm
Hi renderingz,

never heard about GPUBox.

Has anyone experiences with that?
Is it a bit similar to a GPU Clusterbut where I can connect
another PCs GPUs?
It seems a bit difficult to setup.

regards
Mike
miohn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Goldorak Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm
renderingz wrote:Any reason as to why that part of the EULA is there? Seems like it's some kind of anti-competitive thing to force people to use ORC, which is fine (if it wasn't even released yet) - but seeing as there are no cost reasonable alternatives to render farms, the production readiness and investment of your product is gonna be kinda based on the use of services like GPUbox and amazon AWS. I'd be very curious to hear Otoy's reasoning on this...

Are you against PCI-E expanders too then...? They effectivley do the same thing...

It is cheap if you need extra render power ASAP and you don't wanna have to spend atleast 3000 euros on an equivalent system.

For the record - I don't use any of these services, but seriously need to consider using them because currently spending thousands of pounds of extra GPU's is not an option. I'm just trying make your software work in a production setting, I don't feel like I should be criminalized for it.

Would welcome your response to this Goldorak - still waiting for a reply from you in the other thread about availability of testing ORC on v3. Also waiting for replies from your developers to emails I sent over 3 months ago. Your guys customer service is absolutely dreadful. :D

ORC is being released with V3.00 and will be an option when it goes on sale. Pricing at GTC
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby renderingz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:34 pm

renderingz Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:34 pm
So as per usual, you're just flatout not willing to comment or clarify anything. We will have more ambiguous news of V3 at GTC, in April, which is almost a year on from when the beta of v3 was supposed to be happening. People don't mind that much when things get released as long as you're upfront and honest. If I think I'm gonna be late with client work, I tell them upfront, I don't wait until the deadline to tell them. Just tell us we're not gonna have access to this stuff for the next 6 months and be done with it. Your PR is terrible. Communcation with Otoy team is like bashing your head against a brick wall.
Win `10/ Cinema 4D R17 / 2 x 780 GTX 6GB + 2 x 980ti
renderingz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ristoraven » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:23 am

ristoraven Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:23 am
renderingz wrote:We will have more ambiguous news of V3 at GTC, in April,..

How do you know this?

Second I find it difficult to understand this ranting, since you haven't paid yet anything for the new tech and the tech apparently isn't ready yet. Don't you think it's a bit crazy to assume that the staff at Otoy are just being lazy and from that assumption to draw a conclusion that if you shout enough they would stop being lazy and would deliver faster?

I for one, take it easy. It is very nice to just sit back and let Otoy take care of their own bisnes. They are far more qualified in that compared to You and me. I just use the tools that are right now at my disposal. Make the best out from those.
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:51 am

Goldorak Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:51 am
ristoraven wrote:

How do you know this?

Second I find it difficult to understand this ranting, since you haven't paid yet anything for the new tech and the tech apparently isn't ready yet. Don't you think it's a bit crazy to assume that the staff at Otoy are just being lazy and from that assumption to draw a conclusion that if you shout enough they would stop being lazy and would deliver faster?

I for one, take it easy. It is very nice to just sit back and let Otoy take care of their own bisnes. They are far more qualified in that compared to You and me. I just use the tools that are right now at my disposal. Make the best out from those.

Thank you.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby renderingz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:14 am

renderingz Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:14 am
ristoraven wrote:

How do you know this?

I for one, take it easy. It is very nice to just sit back and let Otoy take care of their own bisnes. They are far more qualified in that compared to You and me. I just use the
tools that are right now at my disposal. Make the best out from those.

I don't understand what is difficult to grasp here. My issue is with the systematically bad communication, not the product. No replies to emails sent months ago, picking and choosing which questions to answer on the forum about v3 dev and only posting with the most oblique non-informative posts, promising releases every month that never follow through. And I'm not the only one - take a look at the posts on the threads on this forum; "ORC will be out in october" "ORC will be out soon" "ORC will be out real soon!" "MORE NEWS AT GTC".

You say I haven't paid for anything yet, and by that token we are not owed anything in terms of being informed about future versions, but it is is quite clear that if you buy Octane and a GPU rig, you're investing in the product, and that means future versions too.

This is nothing to do with lazyness, I'm sure the dev team at OTOY have been working their buts off for the last year; I clearly never questioned that.

Like it or not but EVERYONE knows you use tech demos and fancy feature lists to market your product in advance and generate a greater investment in current versions, clearly the timely release of things like ORC is essential for current users of Octane, hence the numerous posts that say I had to drop octane because it lacked x, y or z feature; it would be fairly stupid to dismiss these voices.

It must be such a nightmare having hoards of customers who want to use your product.
Win `10/ Cinema 4D R17 / 2 x 780 GTX 6GB + 2 x 980ti
renderingz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ristoraven » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33 am

ristoraven Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33 am
What do you think Otoy is creating?

Pair of new boots?

I don't think so. I have been involved in projects that are far more easier in their architecture and structure, with brilliant people who knows how to code - yet - there is something unexpected coming up all the time. These things are not a walk in the park.
Then consider that this is whole new tech, in a whole new field.

Your ranting wants to tell that either Otoy is lazy, or, they just keep this treasure just to themselves and intentionally just teases people. Doesn't make any sense.

I too wait ORC. I haven't invested few thousand bucks to a new rig before I can weigh the benefits and costs with that against ORC. That being said, only thing I can do, is to wait. No ranting will settle anything. Otoy knows all the stuff you could ever "argue" with caps locks - far better. It's just how it is folks. Again, this is not a boot factory, with hundreds of years of expertise and knowhow - this is a brand new concept. Imagine if it would fail big time in the get go due to rushing an unfinished product out? Damage done to the reputation is far worse in that scenario than some hurt feelings on this forum..
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ristoraven » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:52 am

ristoraven Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:52 am
I'd like to add that what keeps me waiting patiently is the fact that I saw ORC operational last summer. So, I figure: it's there, it's working, it's getting better. So it is solid concept and I got to kick it's tires briefly, so this is not chasing ghost to me. It is also fairly easy to figure out why it's not available even it did already work. I suppose it's online and offline very randomly when new tweaks are sent in, bugs getting fixed. How would you do that, if there would be thousands of users rendering their butts out all the time and failing their deadlines?
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Elvissuperstar007 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:16 am

Elvissuperstar007 Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:16 am
chief satisfied )
Attachments
z_9c085387.jpg
win 7 /64x C2Quad 6600 2.4/ Nvidia 9800 GX2 1gb 512 bit + Asus 480 GTX/ DDR2 8Gb / NVIDIA 460 GTX 2GB/2x NVIDIA 580 GTX 3GB
Page octane render " В Контакте " http://vkontakte.ru/club17913093
Elvissuperstar007
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ristoraven » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:41 pm

ristoraven Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:41 pm
And now, lets everyone place bets and see how much that witty little communist bs accelerated everything regarding ORC.

Hey, if you would also hold your breath while placing bets, maybe ORC would be finished today? Why don't you give it a try comrade?
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to OctaneRender Cloud