Search found 105 matches
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 7:45 am
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender for HoudiniSolaris 2026.4.0.0 [OBSOLETE]
- Replies: 19
- Views: 2399
Re: OctaneRender for HoudiniSolaris 2026.4.0.0
Would you please share some of the hurdles or blockages faced while you were testing?
It will help us a lot.
Not in the details, unfortunately. I was using Octane in Blender for at least a year or probably longer before moving to Houdini + Octane workflow. I had similar gripes there regarding ...
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 11:11 am
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender for HoudiniSolaris 2026.4.0.0 [OBSOLETE]
- Replies: 19
- Views: 2399
Re: OctaneRender for HoudiniSolaris 2026.4.0.0
I honestly do not understand the current state of the Octane integration with Solaris. Too many exposed features simply do not work or behave inconsistently.
Octane may be one of the best render engines available in terms of image quality, but its Solaris integration is deeply disappointing.
Is ...
- Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:08 pm
- Forum: Hydra Solaris (Legacy Plugin)
- Topic: Light Linker Solaris Octane
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10652
Re: Light Linker Solaris Octane
Works for me.
Some pointers:
* Avoid using merge node unless you know understand how to use layers in USD. Build your networks linearly top to bottom.
* Make sure you specify the primitives you want to control Render Geometry Settings for.
Some pointers:
* Avoid using merge node unless you know understand how to use layers in USD. Build your networks linearly top to bottom.
* Make sure you specify the primitives you want to control Render Geometry Settings for.
- Tue May 14, 2024 11:26 pm
- Forum: Hydra Solaris (Legacy Plugin)
- Topic: Any help with instancing?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 13773
Any help with instancing?
I'm having a hard time setting up instancing in Solaris where I also use the color attribute in a material.
The setup is rather basic. I'm using the Instancer LOP to scatter the geometry.
20240515_houdinifx_mLNrbEWGdR.png
The points for the scatter are inside the Instancer LOP. Just double click ...
The setup is rather basic. I'm using the Instancer LOP to scatter the geometry.
20240515_houdinifx_mLNrbEWGdR.png
The points for the scatter are inside the Instancer LOP. Just double click ...
- Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am
- Forum: Hydra Solaris (Legacy Plugin)
- Topic: How to control output file names?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 9524
How to control output file names?
I'm having a hard time setting up the correct names for my output files.
I'm on Houdini 19.5.805 and latest RC10 Octane build.
1. $OCTANE_PASS variable doesn't seem to work at all when used in Solaris. Can you confirm if it's working?
2. Pass render names are just appended as a prefix. It's not ...
I'm on Houdini 19.5.805 and latest RC10 Octane build.
1. $OCTANE_PASS variable doesn't seem to work at all when used in Solaris. Can you confirm if it's working?
2. Pass render names are just appended as a prefix. It's not ...
- Wed May 01, 2024 6:39 am
- Forum: Houdini
- Topic: Where are the compositing nodes?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1722
Where are the compositing nodes?
It seems I can't find the composting nodes. Are they implemented in the Octane for Houdini?
- Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:18 am
- Forum: Houdini
- Topic: What is the instancing workflow?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2334
Re: What is the instancing workflow?
Thank you Ricky. I think this is working well. I tried two other workflows based on Houdini Instances but they produced certain limitations and bugs. I think the one you suggested is the most stable and reliable method so far.
Can you please explain a bit more on the Custom Attributes usage when ...
Can you please explain a bit more on the Custom Attributes usage when ...
- Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:03 pm
- Forum: Houdini
- Topic: What is the instancing workflow?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2334
What is the instancing workflow?
I'm working on a scene with heavy geometry and I need to instance a piece of said geometry many times. I don't understand the general Octane workflow regarding this. I think Octane is just duplicating geo even if it's packed and instanced. How do I tell Octane to recognize this or is there a ...
- Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:17 pm
- Forum: Houdini
- Topic: How to Setup Slow Shutter?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2328
Re: How to Setup Slow Shutter?
I'm guessing it's because units of time are an artificial, arbitrary human concept, but most software does not treat it as such. For most render engines, exposure wise, there is no such thing as a unit of time that truly lasts more than one frame. I think to get the effect you want you will need ...
- Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:10 pm
- Forum: Houdini
- Topic: long exposure rendering
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4382
Re: long exposure rendering
Has this ever been improved/implemented?juanjgon wrote:Hi,
Nope, sorry. Currently the plugin only supports 1 frame length motion blur. I'll check if this feature could be easy to add for a future build.
Thanks,
-Juanjo