A note : I thought I fixed this as the lime stayed illuminated when the lighning flashes - but with each "pass" the lime and cork actually grow darker.
My only work around at the moment is to do seperate renders and overlay the clips and do "lighten" blend mode in post.
Search found 36 matches
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:51 pm
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: One light on flicks off others?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 146
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:05 pm
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: One light on flicks off others?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 146
One light on flicks off others?
Rendering a scene with "lightning" (driven by a simple octane light) which was working fine in look dev renders, but on final renders, when the lightning flashes, other lights lose their power.
So instead of adding light to the scene, its like it drawing all fill light.
All lights have shadow ...
So instead of adding light to the scene, its like it drawing all fill light.
All lights have shadow ...
- Tue Mar 03, 2026 10:55 am
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Liveviewer updating constantly causing slow playback.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1216
Liveviewer updating constantly causing slow playback.
I've intermittently (quite consistent now though) been getting an issue with my live viewer where "Updating" flashes constantly in the top left of the live viewer, and also "updated" down the bottom left of my C4D window. Rendering in the LV doesn't pass 1% as a result, and any updates I make, such ...
- Fri Feb 20, 2026 11:28 am
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Get proper shadow from Layer Shadows
- Replies: 5
- Views: 649
Re: Get proper shadow from Layer Shadows
But there is still an issue? The shadows of the other objects still exist (and not accurate shadows at that). It should only be the shadow of the render layer, not the entire scene.
It’s like apart from simple planes, render layer shadows does not work/ is buggy, and shadow catcher isn’t any better ...
It’s like apart from simple planes, render layer shadows does not work/ is buggy, and shadow catcher isn’t any better ...
- Thu Feb 19, 2026 11:27 am
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Get proper shadow from Layer Shadows
- Replies: 5
- Views: 649
Re: Get proper shadow from Layer Shadows
It just creates darker shadows on the contents inside.
- Thu Feb 19, 2026 10:10 am
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Get proper shadow from Layer Shadows
- Replies: 5
- Views: 649
Get proper shadow from Layer Shadows
Scene test file - https://we.tl/t-SWToIr4HXs
So this is something that has plagued me for a while.
When I do render layer - layer shadows on a more complex scene (ie, more than an object and a plane) - I find I get a lot of extra shadows from different objects, including self-shadowing (that arent ...
So this is something that has plagued me for a while.
When I do render layer - layer shadows on a more complex scene (ie, more than an object and a plane) - I find I get a lot of extra shadows from different objects, including self-shadowing (that arent ...
- Thu Feb 19, 2026 9:48 am
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Render object and shadow with alpha
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1803
Re: Render object and shadow with alpha
any answers to this question? This problem plagues me constantly with renders.
- Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:18 pm
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: How to render X-Particles?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 633
Re: How to render X-Particles?
Weird - now it seems to have come back - not sure what happened there.
- Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:16 pm
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: How to render X-Particles?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 633
How to render X-Particles?
On the later versions of Octane, it seems the Particle Rendering tab on the Octane Obect Tag is missing. How do we now render particles? All of the online documentation suggests using the Particle Rendering - but this is no longer an option.
Any help?
Any help?
- Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:14 pm
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Why does my render keep crashing?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 940
Why does my render keep crashing?
I have a scene that I just cant get to render.
I have rendered it before, no problem, I just updated a few small parameters. I have a few cameras in the scene, for different angles at different intervals (ie, camera 3 is say for frame 300-400) etc.
I can render all cameras except except the first 1 ...
I have rendered it before, no problem, I just updated a few small parameters. I have a few cameras in the scene, for different angles at different intervals (ie, camera 3 is say for frame 300-400) etc.
I can render all cameras except except the first 1 ...