Search found 4 matches
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:34 am
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Octane crash on Linux
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1210
Re: Octane crash on Linux
Could you please check whether Octane’s AI denoiser is enabled? It isn’t compatible with the PMC kernel. If it’s enabled, please disable denoising and try rendering again to see whether it still stalls around 970–980 samples.
For general rendering, I’d normally recommend Path Tracing, or Photon ...
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:17 am
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Octane crash on Linux
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1210
Re: Octane crash on Linux
While we are at this, why PMC kernel rendering stops at 970-980 samples? There's no gpu utilization, but rendering is still goinglinograndiotoy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:24 pm I've loaded your scene and I noticed you're not using Blender 5.2, but a more recent version, probably still not supporterd by the current Octane addon.
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:06 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Octane crash on Linux
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1210
Re: Octane crash on Linux
Thank you for answering, I sent blend file to your PM, and there's also octane_log.txt file in attachments to this postlinograndiotoy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:45 am Could you please share your scene and exact steps to reproduce the crash? Does it only happen on Linux?
Thanks!
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:16 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: Octane crash on Linux
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1210
Octane crash on Linux
Had constant OctaneServer crashes on camera move, asked AI to debug it and it gave this md file with bug report.
I also had to compile zlib from the repo, it doesn't work with the one I have in my system
- OS: CachyOS (Arch), kernel 7.2.4-3-cachyos
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 5060 Ti 16GB
- Driver: 615.71.09 ...
I also had to compile zlib from the repo, it doesn't work with the one I have in my system
- OS: CachyOS (Arch), kernel 7.2.4-3-cachyos
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 5060 Ti 16GB
- Driver: 615.71.09 ...