Search found 16 matches
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:15 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1262
Re: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
Thanks for the new scene file.
It turns out you are using the wrong tile node in 2026.5.0.0. In 2026.2.0.0, you are using "UV tiles" node, but in 2025.0.0, you are using "Tile grid image" node which doesn't have Border mode (u)/(v) parameters.
Houdini plugin renamed and reordered vop nodes ...
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:26 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1262
Re: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
Thank you for reporting the problem.
I've reproduced the crash issue and will be fixed in the next release.
As to the render result, I'm not 100% sure about the expected result. I noticed the Border mode (U) / (V) is using "White color", if you change them to "Wrap around", you will see ...
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:13 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1262
Re: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
I can't get UDIMs to load correctly in the "Tile_grid_image' rework.
I've setup this basic example scene, with simple test geometry that has four UDIM tiles (1001-1004).
The model has been exported to Substance Painter, where a corresponding BaseColor sequence has been generated.
I've tried ...
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:53 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1262
Re: OctaneRender 2026.5.0.0 for Houdini Production (2026.5.0.0)
I can't get UDIMs to load correctly in the "Tile_grid_image' rework.
I've setup this basic example scene, with simple test geometry that has four UDIM tiles (1001-1004).
The model has been exported to Substance Painter, where a corresponding BaseColor sequence has been generated.
I've tried both ...
I've setup this basic example scene, with simple test geometry that has four UDIM tiles (1001-1004).
The model has been exported to Substance Painter, where a corresponding BaseColor sequence has been generated.
I've tried both ...
- Thu Oct 23, 2025 5:19 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: QT5 IPR - Consistent Crashing when Zoom/Pan
- Replies: 1
- Views: 579
QT5 IPR - Consistent Crashing when Zoom/Pan
Hello!
(I originally posted this in the 2025.3.0 release thread, but reposting here for appropriate categorization.)
I'm seeing a strange performance issue that I suspect is related to the new IPR QT5 overhaul.
I've been able to replicate this issue consistently across different scenes, both ...
(I originally posted this in the 2025.3.0 release thread, but reposting here for appropriate categorization.)
I'm seeing a strange performance issue that I suspect is related to the new IPR QT5 overhaul.
I've been able to replicate this issue consistently across different scenes, both ...
- Wed Oct 22, 2025 8:28 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender 2025.3.0 for Houdini production (2025.3.0.0)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4465
Re: OctaneRender 2025.3.0 for Houdini production (2025.3.0.0)
Hello!
I'm seeing a strange performance issue that I suspect is related to the new IPR QT5 overhaul.
I've been able to replicate this issue consistently across different scenes, both complex and extremely simple. After the IPR image posts, zooming in/out and panning around the IPR eventually leads ...
I'm seeing a strange performance issue that I suspect is related to the new IPR QT5 overhaul.
I've been able to replicate this issue consistently across different scenes, both complex and extremely simple. After the IPR image posts, zooming in/out and panning around the IPR eventually leads ...
- Fri Apr 25, 2025 2:51 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: OctaneRender 2025.1 for Houdini production (2025.1.0.0)
- Replies: 40
- Views: 11810
Re: OctaneRender 2025.1 for Houdini production (2025.1.0.0)
Very excited to try out the new Realistic Lens models - however, I've noticed some serious limitations:
1) IPR UI controls (ie Pick Focus, Disable DOF) don't work with Realistic Lens enabled.
2) With Realistic Lens enabled, you can't zoom/pan the IPR camera. (Which is extremely important for look ...
1) IPR UI controls (ie Pick Focus, Disable DOF) don't work with Realistic Lens enabled.
2) With Realistic Lens enabled, you can't zoom/pan the IPR camera. (Which is extremely important for look ...
- Fri Jan 03, 2025 6:04 pm
- Forum: Houdini
- Topic: IPR Navigation?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13211
Re: IPR Navigation?
Following up here to see if there are any potential updates!
The lack of proper navigation controls (ie panning, zoom) as well as an integrated A/B Compare for the Qt5 IPR is incredibly disruptive to artist workflows.
The lack of proper navigation controls (ie panning, zoom) as well as an integrated A/B Compare for the Qt5 IPR is incredibly disruptive to artist workflows.
- Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 pm
- Forum: Maxon Cinema 4D
- Topic: Octane Texture Manager - Sort by File Size
- Replies: 0
- Views: 753
Octane Texture Manager - Sort by File Size
I've been working on a large scene and have constantly battled the VRAM-limit/black frame output.
While attempting a pass at optimizations, I discovered the Octane Texture Manager provides estimates of VRAM Allocation per texture file, as well as some additional information that C4D's native ...
While attempting a pass at optimizations, I discovered the Octane Texture Manager provides estimates of VRAM Allocation per texture file, as well as some additional information that C4D's native ...
- Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: Octane Material ball OBJ?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3763
Re: Octane Material ball OBJ?
Hey Beppe!
I've been working on a script for Cinema4D that generates a shader ball rig for easy look development.
It allows for different shader ball models and materials to be loaded, and currently I'm including the Octane Material Ball as 1 of 3 options. It's really not much, but I'm hoping to ...
I've been working on a script for Cinema4D that generates a shader ball rig for easy look development.
It allows for different shader ball models and materials to be loaded, and currently I'm including the Octane Material Ball as 1 of 3 options. It's really not much, but I'm hoping to ...