Page 1 of 1

Is there a way to convert Octane materials for Sketchfab?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:54 am
by halvorn_222
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to export some Cinema 4D models with their materials to Sketchfab, but I’ve noticed that my Octane materials don’t come across properly. At the moment I’ve been using basic Standard materials for the upload, but I’d like to create more detailed materials without losing the work I’ve done in Octane.

Is there a way to convert an Octane material into a Cinema 4D Standard or Redshift material? Alternatively, can the complete Octane material be baked into regular texture maps that I can use for export?

For example, I sometimes use Octane’s texture controls to move or scale a texture to a very specific position. Recreating that placement manually with another material can be difficult, especially when the setup contains several nodes.

I’m mainly looking for a practical way to preserve the appearance and UV placement when moving the material to a format that Sketchfab can use.

Any tips or recommended workflow would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!