One light on flicks off others?
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:05 pm
Rendering a scene with "lightning" (driven by a simple octane light) which was working fine in look dev renders, but on final renders, when the lightning flashes, other lights lose their power.
So instead of adding light to the scene, its like it drawing all fill light.
All lights have shadow visibility off (plus the two main ones do not obstruct each other), and I have been playing around with the light ID's and I can get some lights to work/ stay on but not all.
Here I have lights with Light IDs 4 and 20 enabled

When I enable light ID 1

Video of the issue:
https://i.imgur.com/mjjcqc5.mp4
am using Path tracing kernal, have played around with literally every setting, including switching to direct lighting kernal, and still have this issue.
Is there something I am missing?
So instead of adding light to the scene, its like it drawing all fill light.
All lights have shadow visibility off (plus the two main ones do not obstruct each other), and I have been playing around with the light ID's and I can get some lights to work/ stay on but not all.
Here I have lights with Light IDs 4 and 20 enabled

When I enable light ID 1

Video of the issue:
https://i.imgur.com/mjjcqc5.mp4
am using Path tracing kernal, have played around with literally every setting, including switching to direct lighting kernal, and still have this issue.
Is there something I am missing?