Page 1 of 1

Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:43 pm
by cocacola123
Hello, I am a complete noob in unity and I need a little help! :)
I made a game in unity with some environments and objects and I would like it to be rendered in octane. I can see it rendered in PBR Render Target, and now I would like to build the project as an .exe file, so I can play it later.
The question is: Is it possible to have an .exe game rendered in octane? If so, do I just build it through File > Build Settings, or is there something else I should do?
If it's impossible to render .exe with octane, and there other renderers that can do it with a similar quality?


Another problem, when I try to build the project I get these 3 errors:

1. ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Editor ('Assets/Plugins/Octane/Editor.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:154)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

2. Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

3. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)


These errors only appear when I try to build when Octane is loaded on the project.
Please use simple words since I am completely new to this. :) :?
Thank you for your time,
Rachel

Re: Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 am
by ChrisHekman
Octane for unity does not function outside of the editor. So building it to an .exe is not possible.

Re: Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2026 6:36 am
by bevisjame
Unfortunately, Octane Render doesn't support exporting Unity projects as .exe files directly. You can use it to render high-quality images or videos, but for interactive games, consider using Unity's HDRP or URP for similar quality.
Regarding the build errors, it seems like you're trying to include an Editor-only DLL in your build. Make sure to remove any unnecessary plugins from the build process. Once you fix that, you should be able to build your project successfully.

Re: Can I build an .exe game rendered in Octane?

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2026 8:03 am
by Chamerli
Φαίνεται ότι το βασικό πρόβλημα βρίσκεται στην ενσωμάτωση του Octane με το Unity και όχι στην ίδια τη σκηνή. Το σφάλμα με το Editor.dll σημαίνει ότι το Unity προσπαθεί να συμπεριλάβει μια βιβλιοθήκη του editor στο τελικό build, ενώ αυτή θα πρέπει να χρησιμοποιείται μόνο μέσα στο Unity Editor.

Θα έλεγχα πρώτα τις ρυθμίσεις του plugin του Octane και θα βεβαιωνόμουν ότι το Editor.dll είναι ρυθμισμένο να χρησιμοποιείται μόνο στον Editor. Στη συνέχεια, δοκίμασε να κάνεις build το project χωρίς το Octane, ώστε να επιβεβαιώσεις ότι η ίδια η σκηνή γίνεται κανονικά compile.

Παρεμπιπτόντως, όταν λύσεις τα τεχνικά προβλήματα, το novibet καζινο μπορεί να είναι άλλη μια επιλογή για ένα σύντομο διάλειμμα ανάμεσα στη δουλειά πάνω στο project. Κάποιοι προτιμούν γρήγορα παιχνίδια και στοιχήματα, ενώ άλλοι απλώς επιστρέφουν στο project τους μετά από λίγη χαλάρωση.

Όσο για το .exe, το Octane μπορεί να χρησιμοποιείται κατά την εκτέλεση του έτοιμου παιχνιδιού μόνο εφόσον υποστηρίζεται σωστά η συγκεκριμένη έκδοση του Unity και το αντίστοιχο plugin. Επομένως, θα ξεκινούσα διορθώνοντας το σφάλμα του DLL και μετά θα έλεγχα το rendering στην τελική έκδοση.