Dark lines appearing around figure help

Forums: Dark lines appearing around figure help
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Dark lines appearing around figure help

Postby croi-doiteain » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 am

croi-doiteain Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 am
I have a close friend that uses the octane rendering program regularly and she exported a really simple figure as an object from poser pro 2012 to octane and using nothing but octanes texture light and She get these ugly lines around the figure and she has never had this problem before so I couldn't be of much help cause I've never had it happen either so I thought maybe someone in the forums would have a solution. Please help...

Here's a link to her pic of whats going on http://ourak.deviantart.com/art/issue-i ... -296661876 We're both members of deviant art community I am just starting on octane and she is mentoring me but has never had the line issue before any help with some type of solution would be great.

Thank you much
croi-doiteain

Re: Dark lines appearing around figure help

Postby roeland » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:45 am

roeland Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:45 am
That is a known issue with smoothing, the only real solution is increase the amount of polygons used for curved surfaces.

--
Roeland
roeland
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Resources and Sharing