mnml kitchen.

Forums: mnml kitchen.
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

mnml kitchen.

Postby glimpse » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:21 am

glimpse Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:21 am
hi

Firstly I'd like to say ''hi''. That's my first post here in the WIP forums & I start with a lighting/mood sketch for a personal project.

without further intros..

MNML Kitchen lighting-mood test Octane tomGlimps.jpg
mnml kitchen lighting-mood test Octane render by tomGlimps

Base mesh to test lighting idea was generated in 3dsmax - kept it loose with purpose - I love simple geometey to test lighting before i get to work more on the scene.

More or less I think the lighting is ''workable'', so now I'll find some references for modeling and detailing everything.

From the technical side: this was rendered with pmc (tried pathtracing, but as this scene is full of glossy reflections pmc worked way better for the same amount of time). By adding portals at this stage haven't noticed any difference. Everything else left as defaults. Nothing fancy.

Feel free to express any C&C.
I'll get with update soon after.

Glimps
Last edited by glimpse on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: mnml kitchen.

Postby Goesi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Goesi Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm
Welcome Glimpse.

Very nice deput.
I really like the mood an the nice colour-contrast.
Keep going.
Looking forward to see some more of this.

Best,
Marcus
Goesi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:33 am

glimpse Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:33 am
Thanks, Goesi.

Started compiling moodBoard on/in Pinterest called MNML Kitchen - there You'll find what looks interesting for me & what is going to influence the look of this personal project.

I want to share with You my very first test - portrait composition of this scene - 1min test render..before I changed the aspect ratio=)

1 min lignting test pathtracing tomGlimps.jpg
1 min lighting test portrait tomGlimps

I prefere landscape, so i'm going to stick with it for now & consider other shots later as well, but maybe a bit later!

That't it for now.
See You later.

Glimps
Last edited by glimpse on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goesi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Goesi Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm
More! ;)
Goesi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

mnml kitchen - Lighting Update.

Postby glimpse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm

glimpse Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm
3light test MNML kitchen tomGlimps.jpg
3light test MNML kitchen tomGlimps

Small update. Haven't touched anything, but the lighting.

For the very minimalistic look I decided to go for diffused lighting solution, somewhat simillar to streched Barisol Light ceilings. Took this path in order to avoid anything like pendant lights or spot instalations with unlight dark interior corners.

Though there's something to be done with ceiling light..think I have to map it to look more realistic, rather than just leaving as it is, 'cos this is not going to happen in real world as light distribution isn't going to be achieved so even..

As I mention before on Twitter after I'll finish this personal project, I'm thinking to write a small article (tutorial) in my website covering some findings while working with Octane- engine that I fell in love with =)

Feel free to give some c&c.

Now it's time for texturing to reinforce base lighting & probably some modeling, adding a bit of extra details around.

See You later.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Works In Progress