Refractive Software® announces OctaneRender® for 3ds max®

Forums: Refractive Software® announces OctaneRender® for 3ds max®
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Refractive Software® announces OctaneRender® for 3ds max®

Postby jamestmather » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:22 am

jamestmather Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:22 am
Oh holy god. I thought they said the work was done? Starting to feel like a Beckett play.

Any chance of (another) update from refractive on timeframes etc before the forum heats up again?
jamestmather
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vagos21 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:31 pm

vagos21 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:31 pm
I think this silence from the users that filled the past pages is more disappointment than patience. Let's hope it won't end up like valve releasing another HL a year later than estimated! hehe joking,
i think we just all wait for the 24th ;)

go refractive team! (perhaps the predator is a "refractive" member? hehe)
vagos21
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gabrielefx » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 pm

gabrielefx Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 pm
in the meanwhile i'm testing the new vray, the new iray, the new arion and the latest Octane standalone.
I think that with this plugin Octane will be the only one gpu software use by Max users.
Many Max users like me use vray and mentalray.
You tried to use iray 2.0 and change one single textures in a scene? You have to wait 60 seconds, it depends by the scene complexity.
You tried to use vray RT with large textures? You can use only a fixed resolution for all textures scene. A tiny texture of 100x100 pixels will be scaled to 512x512 and a large texture of 6000x6000 (arroway floor texture for example) will be scaled at 512x512 pixel.
You tried to use tiny emitters with arion? You'll get an incredible amount of fireflies.
I tried and tested Octane in every situation: with ies, with tiny emitters, with large textures, rotating large scenes in a snap!
Imagine to do this inside Max without export-import-export back and forth without leave Max.
Yes, now the new vray has reached a superb antialiasing (noise free) but I think that Octane is beyond, has a lot of features that we will never see in vray, arion and iray.
With the implementation of instances and the vray to octane plugin I will not use vray anymore.
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dom74 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Dom74 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:00 pm
gabrielefx wrote:in the meanwhile i'm testing the new vray, the new iray, the new arion and the latest Octane standalone.
I think that with this plugin Octane will be the only one gpu software use by Max users.
You tried to use iray 2.0 and change one single textures in a scene? You have to wait 60 seconds, it depends by the scene complexity.
You tried to use vray RT with large textures? You can use only a fixed resolution for all textures scene. A tiny texture of 100x100 pixels will be scaled to 512x512 and a large texture of 6000x6000 (arroway floor texture for example) will be scaled at 512x512 pixel.
You tried to use tiny emitters with arion? You'll get an incredible amount of fireflies.
I tried and tested Octane in every situation: with ies, with tiny emitters, with large textures, rotating large scenes in a snap!
Imagine to do this inside Max without export-import-export back and forth without leave Max.
Yes, now the new vray has reached a superb antialiasing (noise free) but I think that Octane is beyond, has a lot of features that we will never see in vray, arion and iray.
With the implementation of instances and the vray to octane plugin I will not use vray anymore.

In fact, I imagine very well... just imagine...
Win7 x64 - 3DSMAX 2019 - 32GB RAM - 1080 TI
Dom74
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby GDRS » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:46 pm

GDRS Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:46 pm
Dom74 wrote:
gabrielefx wrote:in the meanwhile i'm testing the new vray, the new iray, the new arion and the latest Octane standalone.

In fact, I imagine very well... just imagine...

--> In fact, I imagine very well... just imagine... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Insane observation my friend INSANE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GDRS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 am

radiance Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 am
Hi guys,

the plugin is ready for release but we are changing our e-commerce system to sell more than one product.
this is a complex task with a lot of work to do... (lots of database tables to change and php code to modify) and as usual never everything works from the start.
Once we have the webshop upgraded and properly tested we can release asap.
It's late here now so we continue the webshop work tomorrow...

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby mike » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:34 am

mike Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:34 am
Excellent.....I am looking forward to the release....CC at the ready.
Timex Sinclair...Windows 7 64 bit....GTX 470...8 gig...AMD X4 925...2.8GHz
mike
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby GDRS » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 am

GDRS Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 am
radiance wrote:Hi guys,

the plugin is ready for release but we are changing our e-commerce system to sell more than one product.
this is a complex task with a lot of work to do... (lots of database tables to change and php code to modify) and as usual never everything works from the start.
Once we have the webshop upgraded and properly tested we can release asap.
It's late here now so we continue the webshop work tomorrow...

Radiance

Thats great news Radiance.

Is your offer still active for all the Octane Render costumers that have been conned by the Octane power tools?

And how is this going to work when we are going to buy your plugin? Is there a code or something?

Thanks and congrats for your next big success.
GDRS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 3dwallop » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 am

3dwallop Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 am
I ask about it also. Can users OctanePowerTools count on something? ;)
Win7-64|Evga SR2|24GB RAM|2xXeonx5650 (4.4Ghz)| Gtx580
3dwallop
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby GDRS » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 am

GDRS Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 am
3dwallop wrote:I ask about it also. Can users OctanePowerTools count on something? ;)

My friend check this topic here made by Radiance

He offered a 50% discount on people like us that have been conned by Octane Power tools.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9513

But i dont know how are we going to take this discount :?: :?: :roll:
GDRS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements