NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Octane

Forums: NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Octane
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Octane

Postby JimStar » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 am

JimStar Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 am
Jaberwocky wrote:Please bear in mind that in the not to distant future they are looking at changing the export file format for something more comprehensive.Not sure what it is or what the time scale might be , but it will break this and other plug ins at that point in time.Again best to let Radiance or Abstrax answer what they are planning on that side of things.

That is no problem. I would have even written a plugin using Octane API (if it had been published) to have a fast and fully integrated binaries for Max (material integration, etc, like Arion and Fryrender has) - I have enough experience for this (C++ and ERP programming is my main work), and I already shared some free soft written in my spare time.:) But so far we don't have API - it is no problem to rewrite this existing code to a new format. Even more that my wife will be happy to use conveniencies that this new format will deliver (instances, etc...).:)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby [gk] » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

[gk] Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm
It would breqk the streamlined ui that has been outlined for all exporters.
If you do your own, its at your own will you release it, after all max scripts are free to write for anyone with no constraints. It wouldnt be æogic to support it from a global point of view but if you want to release it then clearly state its your own and it has nothing to do with the official one.
I would surgest you open an account over at scriptspot.com and upload it there and stick a link to it in a post here.
Problem is just that people are lazy and careless and demanding in th e average and less than half will realize its a personal project and direct bugs and whatnot to refractive and expect them to solve it.
Donno...
Its a free world, but support it if you do so. Else everyone else gets the headake :)
[gk]
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 am

JimStar Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 am
I have added more adjustability and conveniences in a new version.:)
Mary has already well tested it, so I've closed "beta" status, now it became "relatively stable".))

JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby radiance » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 am

radiance Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 am
JimStar -> I wrote you a PM.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby yudined » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 am

yudined Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 am
Hi Radiance. :roll: I want to start development of an export script for Poser to Octane (now with python's help). Can I receive PDF manual?
I dont understand how send to you email ;)
Ed
yudined

Postby abreukers » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:35 pm

abreukers Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:35 pm
yudined wrote:Hi Radiance. :roll: I want to start development of an export script for Poser to Octane (now with python's help). Can I receive PDF manual?
I dont understand how send to you email ;)
Ed

hi, I've sent you a pm, please check...
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NOTE to all people who want to develop exporters for Oct

Postby Jaspi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 am

Jaspi Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 am
JimStar
i dont no if you are the right person to ask about but there are a lot of peaple(including me) that would buy one plugin to FormZ 7 if someone would make it
Jaspi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 am

JimStar Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 am
Jaspi wrote:JimStar
i dont no if you are the right person to ask about but there are a lot of peaple(including me) that would buy one plugin to FormZ 7 if someone would make it

No, the better person to ask about FormZ will be abreukers.;)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abreukers » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 am

abreukers Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 am
JimStar wrote:
Jaspi wrote:JimStar

No, the better person to ask about FormZ will be abreukers.;)

hi Jaspi,
We are open to the possibility of a plugin for this as a result of a collaboration using our SDK, but not many have come forward to request the plugin. So we have yet to assess its feasibility. Perhaps somebody can start an export script for it, if somebody interested in doing this please let him/her write to <info at octanerender dot com> :)
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing