Where is the SketchUp PLUGIN?

Forums: Where is the SketchUp PLUGIN?
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Where is the SketchUp PLUGIN?

Postby IsaacBulnes » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 am

IsaacBulnes Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 am
Hi

I've been up and down the site and I cannot locate the sketchup plugin for licensed customers?

Also, can animations be done with Sketchup + Octane?

Thank You
IsaacBulnes
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Where is the SketchUp PLUGIN?

Postby abstrax » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 am

abstrax Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 am
IsaacBulnes wrote:Hi

I've been up and down the site and I cannot locate the sketchup plugin for licensed customers?

Also, can animations be done with Sketchup + Octane?

Thank You

As far as I know, that's the latest plugin:

http://refractivesoftware.com/forum/vie ... =31&t=6882

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Where is the SketchUp PLUGIN?

Postby TIG » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am

TIG Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6882
Is the latest exporter they are each in a separate thread entitled 'Octane Sketchup Exporter - 1024-05' or whatever the build-revision is.
The download is a ZIP file in the first post and you should follow the extraction/installation instructions in the README.txt file in the ZIP file- there is also Help PDF file in ther which reiterates the process and explains the usage of the tool.

Sketchup+Octane doesn't 'do' animation per se...
Sketchup does allow you to make a series of Scene tabs which can then be processed in order to generate an animation within the SKP file itself or exported as a series of images or a movie BUT of course you only get Sketchup's bog-standard rendering!
Octane produces high quality renderers.
You can pass a SKP Scene to Octane as one Frame, which it will render as you specify.
Once you have this OCS set up you can use the second part of the exporter to specify the start/end scene-tabs to use in an 'animation' - with this Octane makes a series of rendered images into a specified folder/name-format, one per scene-tab.
You can then assemble these into a movie [or animated image] using third-party tools [e.g. Windows Movie Maker [free]] which will make 'between' images to link the frames into a smooth appearance.
Clearly the more scene tabs you have to export, the smoother the transitions between the final frames' images in your movie.
I suggest you visit http://forums.sketchucation.com/ and/or Smustard.com etc where there are several free/inexpensive plugin tools to download and which let you add flight-paths, make additional transitional scenes etc etc; you can even animate objects between scene-tabs... BUT that will mean a slow export process as a separate OBJ etc will be required for each 'frame' you make and depending on file size this can be several miutes per frame!
If you have any questions about the install please post in its thread.
If you have specific questions about a function please start a new thread... :geek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp