Plugin for Revit

Forums: Plugin for Revit
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Plugin for Revit

Postby Ian.Kidston » Wed May 11, 2011 2:17 am

Ian.Kidston Wed May 11, 2011 2:17 am
Hi All,

Just wanted to check if there had been any further advancement of a plugin for Revit. Exporting to Max via fbx, reassigning all the materials and then exporting to obj from max to then once again reassign all of the materials in Octane is doing my head in :? :(

Revit is my weapon of choice for designing building. I love Octane and am desperate not to be forced to learn 3dsMax....Please help :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Ian
Ian.Kidston
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Plugin for Revit

Postby kjc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

kjc Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm
+1
I believe however, Autodesk will never allow this... After observing its monopolistic policy i have to say - forget it! Revit code is something protected and secret.
I wish anybody proved I'm wrong!
Kacper
kjc
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

abstrax Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am
Well, we can't do the work ourself and need someone who writes the plugin. If you know someone, we would be very happy to get in contact with him/her.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby JeffreyMcGrew » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:01 pm

JeffreyMcGrew Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:01 pm
kjc wrote:+1
I believe however, Autodesk will never allow this... After observing its monopolistic policy i have to say - forget it! Revit code is something protected and secret.
I wish anybody proved I'm wrong!
Kacper

You're wrong. :D

All someone needs to do is write a plugin. Revit's API is .NET based, and would support an export function just fine.

There isn't anything 'big bad Autodesk' is doing to prevent it. It's just a lot of work to do, and those who need it (Revit users) don't know how to program, so... there you go. No plugin for us.

Full integration? Probably not, but it's not like we've got that with Octane with any other platform anyways.
JeffreyMcGrew
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support