Large scale Octane project

Forums: Large scale Octane project
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Large scale Octane project

Postby Sauger » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Sauger Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:56 pm
I´ll do my villa design again, but huge landscapes are just wonderful!!
Octane is my first attemt at art, my GrandFather is an artist in hard life, he saved people to make a stand!

Drowned though!
3x I7/16gb/GTX570/XFX5870/GTX Titan
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Sauger Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 pm
So did my project :D

Without linking"wishful thinking", smaller obj files into the main large file it´s a waste of time.
The terrain/infrastructure is only 300mb gpu, and buildings/trees etc 400mb, but the obj file is 300mb+

The regentime of all this is not practical for every minor geometry detail change.

Still it´s screaming fast if you just can get it all into Octane, I can do realtime viz in 1920x1200 with pathtraceing on.
It´s take a very short time for the image to give a ok look, like 10sec.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Sauger Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 pm
Perhaps you have to suffer with Civil3d to understand the insane amount of data Octane prosess with ease.
I just wish I could link several object nodes together, it´s gonna make Octane not cheap anymore I know, but will almost pay any price under 1000 euro for a large scale user ver.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Sauger Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:18 pm
I´m a lucky bastard, Octane is part of my new range of Villa´s mounted in rocky terrain getting go ahead.
It´s far more then that, most of them will not be hangin high, still nice place to live though.

If I only could experiment with infrastucture in this great tool, please make possible to integrate several obj files like linking !

Nobody has done it before I know, but this is the fastest engine for large scale stuff per 1.
It´s not like the cryengine, picky with large files with a small amount of bad poly´s vertices so on.

It´s the most tough import high end engine I ever tested, ready for gameing the pure brute power way.
The base artistic look/beauty/detail is far better then crytek, I´m not sure of the new ver, but since it´s for consoles I guess it´s average, but fast/relible.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Chris_TC » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Chris_TC Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:35 pm
Sauger wrote:Finally started on the terrain, it´s hilly to make roads fun, wanna drive a car realtime in it when finished.

How did you do the color map for your terrain? It looks great.
Chris_TC
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 am

Sauger Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 am
http://www.geocontrol2.com/e_index.htm

I know it´s boring stuff, if not for my friend that enjoy selfpain like this, I would not be able to love Octane though!

It´s very bright guys!, I slowly get to love their work.

This terrain is just peanuts of the stuff they can do if opened up to Octane, but they are not realtime focused.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:02 am

Sauger Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:02 am
The shock is Octane is able to import this anal detail stuff, and show it off in glory!

I´m an architect that love details, but this is very nice, wonder if I need to do better.
Octane just expose errors, I know this map/mesh suck big time, and why.

Will do better soon, need to make my stone funkis villa first, make me get away from games, not easy to keep my fingers off cryengine, but I need to be legit.

Octane is antidope in a way, It´s better then cryengine 3 if followed up, so I don´t feel my work is wasted.
If Octane is integrated with instances/linking smaller stuff that look the same it will crush everything I know in the industry.

It´s not doeing anything 300% better, it´s just the combo of artist feeling of control.
If I can import several obj files I will become to much of myself, not kidding!, it´s a breaktrough for artists.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:47 am

Sauger Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:47 am
To be honest it´s just wonderful stuff if seen in Octane, I´ll by more if can generate higer res.
I´ll ask my friend, he give me maps since I give him beauty villas he never will be able to afford build.

It´s very ok, not worry I´ll buy an extra lisence just to support this guy.
But if I generate many maps, send him some money, and not sure yet if I´m ok even with a lisense.

My friend is me, and I worry to give high detail maps out before I know it´s ok.
Need to check if I need to buy another license, since I´m not into this as gameing/visual stuff.

They got a lisence for games, but since I got money I just perhaps buy 1 for you if it´s used with respect.
If you make a lot of money from this smart man, give him back a tiny bit of respect.

Ask the Octane team if you wanna push Octane some more, and they will send me an email of your mail.
Later a very nice peace of software will be part of you, this is far more impressive up front.

I´m not giveing this as a free stuff, I´m buying it for real to support bright minds.
So if you feel it´s over your head, tell me.

I´m an architect, but the pure detail of this software is impressive like Octane, so just ask.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sauger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:02 am

Sauger Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:02 am
There is a demo, so if you can make use of it for money like me I´ll cover any loss.
I´ll just buy you the pro ver if you feel up to it, been all over the world so time is short.

If you understand the bright mind of this guy, I´ll gladly support you with the money for an insight into his mind.
Very bright!, and money is =0 for this mind, I love spirits like him.
Sauger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sublime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm

sublime Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
There is a demo, so if you can make use of it for money like me I´ll cover any loss.
I´ll just buy you the pro ver if you feel up to it, been all over the world so time is short.

could you cover my weekly groceries as well?
:)
my humble spec: Quad Cores Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz, 2GB, GeForce GTX 460 (x2), winXP 32 bit, 3DS MAx 2009
sublime
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Competitions