New Year's open themed still image competition (CLOSED)

Forums: New Year's open themed still image competition (CLOSED)
A forum which hosts Octane Render Artwork Competitions
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: New Year's open themed still image competition (OPEN)

Postby mlody47 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 am

mlody47 Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 am
madcoo wrote:Well well well...
ONLY great stuff around !!!
:shock:

I don't think anyone at this point can say "I'm the one that's gonna win" !!!
This competition is packed with good ideas and renders...

Cool !
:D

yyy It was always like this :lol:
i7 2600K + 2X gtx 580 + GTX 560 Ti + 8gbram + Win7 +
AUTODESK SOFTIMAGE 2012
www.behance.net/mlody47
mlody47
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby m.arc.in » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 am

m.arc.in Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 am
Hello

My name is Marcin Możejko.

I am a member of a small team that is working on a reconstruction of one of the most amazing cars in the history of the Polish automotive industry. I am responsible for the reconstruction of the body and interior of the car.

SYRENA SPORT was the only one and true sporting car produced in Poland under the communist regime. Designed by the great engineer and designer Cezary Nawrot at the late 50's. Shown to the public 1 May 1960 aroused great excitement and controversy. Beautiful body shape and modern design has made him the legend that continues to this day.

The communist authorities in Poland do not allow engineers to design and build sport cars, and those were not political faith. Sport cars with two seats were not compatible with the idea of cheap and common cars, which were primarily used for transport etc, not for entertainment.

The prototype of a Syrana Sport, was a study. The builders wanted to check technology for the production of glass fiber car bodies, new type of engine, and new semi-self-supporting chassis, with independent wheel suspension. They have built only one copy.
Designers and builders of the Syrena Sport, tried to persuade the government to introduce the car into production. However, they remained unnoticed. Wieslaw Gomulka, First Secretary of Communist Party Central Committee ordered to hide the car, and not show it publicly as politically incorrect. A few years later, along with other prototypes, the car was destroyed.

The only thing that survived after the Syrena Sport is several photos and sketches published in journals in the early 60s.

We are a group of young engineers, designers and lovers of Polish cars. For several years we have kind of investigation, which aims to gather information and materials to rebuild this amazing vehicle. We want to build it with the maximum level of accuracy and attention to details. We are working under the official patronage of the Museum of Technology and Automotive in Warsaw, and the FSO Workers Club, members of which are the last few of Syrena Sport constructors. This allows us to continue our work and keep the confidence that everything we do, we will do according to the original.

Our work is non-commercial project. We are using Blender and Alibre Design Cad software. Alibre Company and Polish distributor DataComp has given us a special version of their software for this purpose.
We decided to use the Octane Render to prepare promotional materials for the project.

Car model, and the scene was made in Blender 2.49. Bridge, comes from the turbosquid.com website. It is a free model, retextured, and litle modified. Car model is about 2,7 mln poly. Textures made in Photoshop Elements 7,0, repainted with Pentagram Designer Tablet.

There is no post production. I aded only a lens flare efect. Color corectio,. lightness, contrast is changed in octan by exposure, gamma etc...
So many good works. I LOVE IT. I hope some one like my images to.

Pozdrawiam Marcin
Attachments
bridge_octane_work_2.jpg
Octane work
bridge_octane_work.jpg
Octane work
bridge_blender_model_02.jpg
Blender model
bridge_blender_model_01.jpg
Blender model
bridge_04_color.jpg
Final image
bridge_03_color_.jpg
Final image
bridge_02_color_.jpg
Final image
bridge_01_color_.jpg
Final image
bridge_05_color_.jpg
Final image - top view
bridge_06_detail_color_.jpg
final image - Some detail shots
win7 64/core i7 920/32GB RAM/3x GTX 580 3GB 4x GTX 970 4GB/blender 2.79/Rhino 5,0/octane 3
win7 64/core i5-460M/8GB RAM/GTX 460M 1,5GB/blender 2.79/Rhino 5,0/octane 3 (ASUS G73JW)
m.arc.in
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 am

abstrax Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 am
Hi all.

First of all thanks for all the great entries and the huge effort you have put into the competition. There is nothing more motivating for developers than awesome work done with the software :)

As we haven't managed to release a 2.4x build for Linux users yet, we have decided to prolong the competition by another 7 days to the 7.2.2011. This applies to all users. We will now focus 100% on the Linux build first and when that is done we will release pre-beta 2.43 for all platforms as soon as possible. We are shooting for Wednesday, but we can't promise.

I hope, everyone is fine with this last-minute decision. Feel free to continue working on the project(s) you already have posted as finals.

Again, thank you all for your work so far and keep on rendering,

Your Refractive Software Team
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby dave62 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am

dave62 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am
super, go linux, go linux, cant wait till wednesday!
just another sleepless week...:)
- Mint 10 64bit nvidia drv 260.19.29/cudatoolkit3.0 intel q6600, 4gbRAM, GTX470 1,2GB
- Mint 10 64bit/ Win7 64bit nvidia drv 260.19.29/cudatoolkit3.2 amd X6, 16gbRAM, 2x GTX580 3GB
->Octane 2.44/ Blender2.5x
dave62
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlody47 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 am

mlody47 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 am
no comment. Im very dissapointed.
AUTODESK SOFTIMAGE 2012
www.behance.net/mlody47
mlody47
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby kubo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am

kubo Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am
the more the merryer, besides if the contest is already awesome a few more days are only going to improve on that.
mlody47 wrote:no comment. Im very dissapointed.

Don't be mate, you're number one on my list of favorites, what can I say, I love aliens! hard to beat imho ;)
Last edited by kubo on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
windows 7 x64 | 2xGTX570 (warming up the planet 1ºC at a time) | i7 920 | 12GB
kubo

Postby Jaberwocky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am

Jaberwocky Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am
I have had an idea for an Entry.I have only one problem with resolving the idea.

I am using Octane for all the work with one exception.

Because of the various extreme camera positions used in Octane to create this scene, I have had to render up the 4 elements as seperate .png files using the alpha channel enabled in octane and then put the 4 layers into photoshop to get the scene out.No further work is done in Photoshop though.Just putting the 4 layers together.

All of the models and maps are also mine with the exception of a background map that has been altered within Octane and one other map for one of the models.

Is this Ok?

If not I understand and will just put it on the artwork page when i am finished instead.
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rman1974 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 am

rman1974 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 am

+1
I don't see any point in prolonging competition. I don't think what linux users will be able to do something significant in one week. But all other people who alredy posted their entries will be very dissapointed. I'm speaking for myself but I'm sure - none of us are happy with this.
rman1974
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby matej » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 am

matej Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 am
We weren't able to do our scenes with proper alpha shadows & proper alpha output - this will have impact. While Windows users can render with the 2.4 version already for more than two weeks. It's only fair this way.

I just hope that a build will be available before the 7th of feb :)
SW: Octane 3.05 | Linux Mint 18.1 64bit | Blender 2.78 HW: EVGA GTX 1070 | i5 2500K | 16GB RAM Drivers: 375.26
cgmo.net
matej
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlody47 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am

mlody47 Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am
rman1974 wrote:

+1
I don't see any point in prolonging competition. I don't think what linux users will be able to do something significant in one week. But all other people who alredy posted their entries will be very dissapointed. I'm speaking for myself but I'm sure - none of us are happy with this.

+2 here... sorry but I was't sleeping for whole weekend to "make You proud" and I feel screwed now.. ...thanks Kubo You gave me some hope ;) In a week there will be more works of like - sphere on a plane.... the current version of octane is not very different like the previous one.. I mean if some LINUX users have the scene - they can re render in 2 days max. ( if without problems ) but whole week?? nonsense.

and the rain of renders here?? Some of the ideas are really nice here... ... the WOW effect will past in those days. THATS JUST SAD!
AUTODESK SOFTIMAGE 2012
www.behance.net/mlody47
mlody47
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions