Catching light part 1

Forums: Catching light part 1
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Catching light

Postby necko77 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm

necko77 Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm
its funny that you say its boring cos pics are great and its terrible if u dont enjoy doing them...im enjoyng watching them,
but if you want to create art, then you have to create something new, unseen and then you will earn money (but when you die:) dead arTITS :)

i wish that i can do this like you :)

so enjoy cos its really something especialy cos u invest a lot of time in that

Brad Pitt: arrivederchi :)
ArchiCad, Blender, Moi3d
GTX 580 3GB
Win 7, 64 Bit
necko77

Postby enricocerica » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:44 pm

enricocerica Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:44 pm
necko77 wrote:its funny that you say its boring cos pics are great and its terrible if u dont enjoy doing them...im enjoyng watching them,
but if you want to create art, then you have to create something new, unseen and then you will earn money (but when you die:) dead arTITS :)

i wish that i can do this like you :)

so enjoy cos its really something especialy cos u invest a lot of time in that

Brad Pitt: arrivederchi :)

Thanks Necko77,

I wouldn't say I don't enjoy doing such images, of course I enjoy but it's not the same feeling than when I produce more artistical images with emotion, messages or bringing some shifting with reality, I've always had some admiration for surrealists and their spirit.
Modeling system : I7 32GB Windows 10 & Fujitsu Celsius H720
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
http://www.myline.be
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlody47 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:45 pm

mlody47 Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:45 pm
enricocerica wrote:Thanks for your kind words :)

@skeletor:Most of the textures are not mine, I should check if I can publish material using those textures without any copyright issue, but yeah I may add some material later on

@FamilyGuy:Yep, saw that :)

@Mlody47:Well if you have a look to my site you will see that I not only make visualisations ;) (assuming you mean archviz). Beside that you open a debat and I'll probably make some enemies but indeed making archviz is quite boring and I don't consider myself as an artist when I'm doing such renderings but instead as a techicien, except when they produce emotion which is not easy. But you know inspiration is not always there and that's why I'm sometimes doing archviz. Anyway, as Tyrot said, if you hope to make some money with 3D, boring renders are probably the key, unfortunately art doesn't pay during life ;) and sadly in 3D probably not even after :?

Maybe I used the wrong word . :oops: ------- boring was ironic :)

I was never Your enemy and I will never be :) For me Your kind of " man to look at ".

I dont have anything to say in technical / artistical aspects of Your work here... ...becouse I really admire and respect it... ..but Im just waiting for Your another crazy fly hitting the bulb :)

and guys ........art does pay during life.. ...not in money but in skills... ....I hope. :D
i7 2600K + 2X gtx 580 + GTX 560 Ti + 8gbram + Win7 +
AUTODESK SOFTIMAGE 2012
www.behance.net/mlody47
mlody47
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby enricocerica » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:12 pm

enricocerica Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:12 pm
Hey, don't worry and feel good Mlody47 ;) I knew it was ironic but I thought it was a good opportunity to give my feeling about 3D CG.
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlody47 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 pm

mlody47 Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 pm
:mrgreen:
AUTODESK SOFTIMAGE 2012
www.behance.net/mlody47
mlody47
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby enricocerica » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm

enricocerica Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm
Hi,

I thought I should mention this, I submitted the "Catching light" image on CGTalk and it was just refused and I got the message below, I resubmitted again and was refused again, really funny:

Your submission has been declined for the following reason(s):
* We're very sorry to let you know that this work does not yet meet our standards as a completed piece for the Showcase Gallery. We'd like to encourage you to post your work in the WIP forum to develop it further before submitting it again.

Guys, could you help me to find any obscenity in this scene or any subliminal message, who knows what do they found ? Anyway I sent them a mail asking what motivated their decision and I got no anwser. LOL
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Burkhard » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Burkhard Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 pm
delete the red toy :lol:
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlody47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 pm

mlody47 Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 pm
enricocerica wrote:Hi,

I thought I should mention this, I submitted the "Catching light" image on CGTalk and it was just refused and I got the message below, I resubmitted again and was refused again, really funny:

Your submission has been declined for the following reason(s):
* We're very sorry to let you know that this work does not yet meet our standards as a completed piece for the Showcase Gallery. We'd like to encourage you to post your work in the WIP forum to develop it further before submitting it again.

Guys, could you help me to find any obscenity in this scene or any subliminal message, who knows what do they found ? Anyway I sent them a mail asking what motivated their decision and I got no anwser. LOL

MAAAN !! good that you wrote this... ...becouse yesterday I was making my account on cgtalk :) and I was putting my images to gallery... :) they refused all my images / like all all....

I think that something is wrong with the ( service ) or with the guys wich are sitting there... ...I know that on cgtalk are awesome images... , but hey I was seeing in gallery pieces of works , which wasnt even nice - so how did they get there??....

after my 16th image... message appeared about my lexus :) that I have to put only one render of it, I couldnt put all my shots ( imagine that ). They forced me to put only one lexus from like 20 renders. They said its the same scene just different shots. I agree but the whole set of those images was making nice feeling. So it was very weird.

I was thinking about cgtalk that its only for professionals, but now I think that its only for " friends ".

When I was doing all that - for 10 times of refreshing my page I got 404 error that cgtalk is maiking maintenence something. Maybe it was becouse of that.
AUTODESK SOFTIMAGE 2012
www.behance.net/mlody47
mlody47
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dave62 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

dave62 Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm
once again: great work!

you asked for the contrast.. hmm

imo the walls in the backround are lil to bright, kind of bleed especially in the first picture.
in this pic i think the walls must bounce more light back into the foreground if they are such bright.

regards dave

edit: i looked into the cgtalk gallery: i must say i really dont know why they rejected yours.. keep up
- Mint 10 64bit nvidia drv 260.19.29/cudatoolkit3.0 intel q6600, 4gbRAM, GTX470 1,2GB
- Mint 10 64bit/ Win7 64bit nvidia drv 260.19.29/cudatoolkit3.2 amd X6, 16gbRAM, 2x GTX580 3GB
->Octane 2.44/ Blender2.5x
dave62
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sixthlaw » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Sixthlaw Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 pm
I like the second and third from the top best!:)

Looks great!
Sixthlaw
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery